 Marketplace / Shipping / 315
Re: Thumbs up for walmart.com customers -- (and KBkids, too)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shipping
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 13:59:48 GMT

Jeff Johnston wrote:
They use Airborne to deliver your package to a
local Airborne receiving center, which then drops off your package at your
local post office.  The online tracking using Airborne's site/number stops
there, which is why the KB rep (using Airborne's site) could tell you it was
delivered to your post office, but nothing more.  If you want more specific
information, I would suggest calling up first Airborne (have your tracking
number ready), and if they tell you it was delivered to your post office,

Yep, that's what they told me.  Oddly enough it was delivered to a post office
in North Reading, even though it was addressed to me in Lowell (several miles
away.

That North Reading facility is the Boston area sorting facility, so it
makes sense that that's where Airborne would deliver it.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com