 Marketplace / Shipping / *202 (-20)
  State postal abbreviations

(...) I know I'm a little late on this, but for future reference bookmark this link. (URL) for a complete list straight from the Postmaster's mouth! Ben Gatrelle (remove the spam dot from the yellowcastle to reply) (24 years ago, 3-May-00, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: Has anyone had a DYA order take over 4 weeks to get to the USA?

(...) Good news, both of my DYA packages came today. Thanks so much to those who answered my question and helped me keep my sanity during the wait :) One package was actually so large my mail-woman couldn't fit it in her car with all the other mail (...) (24 years ago, 17-Apr-00, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: Has anyone had a DYA order take over 4 weeks to get to the USA?

(...) My other two orders just arrived! (This means none exceeded 4 weeks) (24 years ago, 14-Apr-00, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: Has anyone had a DYA order take over 4 weeks to get to the USA?

(...) I have had an order take extra long. I think that they occasionally get caught up in customs. Mike Poindexter (24 years ago, 14-Apr-00, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: Has anyone had a DYA order take over 4 weeks to get to the USA?

I placed three different orders over a several day period 3-4 weeks ago. So far, I have only received the order which shipped second chronologically. I'm not too concerned yet... (24 years ago, 14-Apr-00, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: Has anyone had a DYA order take over 4 weeks to get to the USA?

(...) Yes, several times. Probably the longest any order ever took was about five and a half weeks. (That one came in a box bigger then a dorm fridge, if you can picture that.) Will (24 years ago, 13-Apr-00, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Has anyone had a DYA order take over 4 weeks to get to the USA?

I am still patiently (and anxiously) waiting for my DYA order to arrive, it has been 4 weeks today since it shipped from DYA. I am curious if anyone else ever had an order that took an extremely long time to arrive. It is a fairly large order and I (...) (24 years ago, 13-Apr-00, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: A rather dumb quesion...

(...) MA => MAssAchusetts MD => MarylanD ME => MainE MI => MIchIgan MN => MiNNesota MO => MissOuri MS => MiSSiSSippi MT => MonTana (...) Naw, don't feel bad -- they're not all easy to remember like AZ, RI, NJ, NY, or TX, and some of them are (...) (24 years ago, 8-Apr-00, to lugnet.market.shipping, lugnet.loc.us)

  Re: A rather dumb quesion...

Peter White wrote in message ... (...) Whoa! That's a lotta' letters to remember! (Thanks!) Cordially, DBR -- "To infinity and beyond!" (24 years ago, 8-Apr-00, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: A rather dumb quesion...

(...) MN - Minnesota MD - Maryland MT - Montana MS - Mississippi MO - Missouri ME - Maine MA - Massachusetts MI - Michigan pete.w : NSW - New South Wales (Australia) (24 years ago, 8-Apr-00, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  A rather dumb quesion...

Ok, I've been arguing this with several people now for 3 days, and I'm SURE someone can answer this in a second: What US State is abbreviated as "MN"? I originally thought it was Montana, but was then told Minnesota. But another person said it was (...) (24 years ago, 8-Apr-00, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: Me too (was Re: KBKids.com Inadequate packaging)

(...) When I got my 4561s from kbkids I think last year, I ordered two, and the arrived in some ways in better than MISB condition, they were in the original TLC shipping box (which holds two sets), which had never been opened. The just stuck the (...) (24 years ago, 7-Apr-00, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: Shipping to Canada, help!

(...) a) there's a dollar value (I seem to remember $25) above which this is (or was) not true. I've ended up paying duty and GST on my incoming Xmas gifts some years. b) If you want the seller to do this, let them know before the auction finishes. (...) (24 years ago, 7-Apr-00, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: Shipping to Canada, help!

(...) $5 (...) If sellers shipping to Canada mark the package as a gift on the customs form then we in Canada do not have to pay GST. (24 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: Shipping to Canada, help!

(...) Apparently it's the GST plus fee, the buyer is going to pay it and realizes it isn't something I had any control over. Advice for sellers: advise your Canadian buyers to be ready for these charges! -Tommy (24 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Me too (was Re: KBKids.com Inadequate packaging)

Also had a poorly packed order of 4561's come from KBKids.com, the shipping boxes looked like they had been used a few times before and two of the set boxes were partially crushed... -Tommy (24 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: Pieces per pound

(...) So an eBay lot of 10 pounds should yield about 3,300 pieces. I acquired a 300 pound lot and it came in very near 100,000 pieces (I didn't actually count them, but the bulk was there). Wayne (new address - eskimo2@worldnet.att.net) (24 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Pieces per pound

Has someone come up with a general formula that estimates weight based on piece count? My rough estimate is 300 pieces per pound, although this can be adjusted up or down by 100 pieces depending on the lot. Any thoughts? Po(u)nder well, Andreas (...) (24 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: Shipping to Canada, help!

(...) I know...I'm still waiting for a letter from PBB over a mislabeling of a set. The correct number is 95.03.20 and for shipment into canada of products made in most favored nations (like the US and Denmark), there is _no_ duty. James Powell (24 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: Shipping to Canada, help!

(...) (no, but I've got lots of experience on the receiving end) It won't (or better not be!) a duty. Duties are paid at the receiving end, and the only duty applying to Lego is a flat 7% GST on the declared value + $5 handling fee, AFAIK but (...) (24 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.market.shipping)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact