 Marketplace / Shipping / 190
Re: Shipping to Canada, help!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shipping
Date:
Fri, 7 Apr 2000 07:12:20 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Bob Predy wrote:
If sellers shipping to Canada mark the package as a gift on the customs >form then we in Canada do not have to pay GST.

a) there's a dollar value (I seem to remember $25) above which this is
(or was) not true. I've ended up paying duty and GST on my incoming Xmas
gifts some years.

b) If you want the seller to do this, let them know before the auction
finishes. Being asked to lie after the auction is over I find...
irritating, to say the least.

c) If the seller will lie to Customs for you, consider who else he/she
might be willing to lie to. You?

d) Customs knows people do this and your goods can be liable to
confiscation if they decide it's not a gift after all. I've had several
incoming packages arrive "opened by customs" and I know it's happened to
packages I've sent to teh US as well.

Kevin

--
Personal Lego Web page: