 Marketplace / Jambalaya / 973
Re: Minifig box #1
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.jambalaya
Date:
Sun, 16 Jan 2000 19:12:50 GMT

Mookie wrote:
<snip>

Maybe people don't like someone taking charge of this, though if someone
doesn't this isn't going to go anywhere, and as of now I haven't seen
anyone else willing to do it, Granted I don't have the time, though I
don't want this to die out, like MFWT did, (for those of you that don't
know, go to http://mrfws1.innovation.com/~figs/index.en.html ) A lot of
people put a lot of time and energy into that project. I hate to think
we can't at least finish this one.

This project doesn't quite have an "end", but I know what you mean and
agree.

<snip>

Again I hope no one took any offence to anything said here or
previously, We aren't trying to punish anyone with this.

Ya, let me take back what I said, Mookie got the process a lot more
correct. I for one, support having someone drive the process and I think
Mookie's got what it takes. I don't have the time or desire or frankly,
standing, (1) to do it. Please, Mookie, take it under your wing. It
needs a ringleader.

This was a social experiment. At least that's what Todd told me it was
to be when he gave me the original stuff to divvy out back in the
summer. It's confirming what I pretty much knew, projects do a lot
better when they have a ringleader and when structure is decided in
advance, and when there is some measurement of progress available.

Having said that... This project has done amazingly well if viewed in
the aggregate, although I imagine individuals may well be frustrated. Or
am I all wet?

Let's count noses... how many different people have gotten at least one
box? Dozens by now. How many individual box hops have there been? Over a
hundred I am sure. How many parts have changed hands? Thousands, I'm
sure, maybe even tens of thousands (and how much profit has the USPS
made? Don't ask. I don't want to know.)

We all deserve a collective pat on the back, especially considering how
unstructured it was when we started.

1 - *in this experiment*... I haven't been an active participant for a
while. I will put my standing in the overall community up against
anyone, though :-) (smarter AND handsomer... <Grins ducks and runs>)