 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 9910
  eBay Anti-Sniper Strategy

First off, I admit that I snipe on eBay auctions when it's possible, so this could be a bit hypocritical. Well, except for the fact that sniping is perfectly within the rules and a reasonable way to try to save some money as a buyer. But I digress. (...) (23 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: eBay Anti-Sniper Strategy

(...) I don't think the free shipping as you plan will be clear to the buyers, and you could unfairly confuse them. I saw an auction the other day where the seller stated in the auction that the reserve price was really high, and if the reserve was (...) (23 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: eBay Anti-Sniper Strategy

(...) going (...) want?! I'm assuming by "sniping" that you're referring to sneaking last-minute bids in rather than bidding all along.. I agree, why not start the minimum bid at the lowest you're really willing to accept? Reserves can work, but in (...) (23 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: eBay Anti-Sniper Strategy

(...) I'm really liking "buy it now." I've used at least 5 times, and have gotten some good deals (Yellow Castle for $150, minifigs and baseplates plus from 2 6071s for $50, a garage door from a Deep Freeze Defender for $10.50). (23 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: eBay Anti-Sniper Strategy

(...) Hi Roy, If you want to maximize the price you receive for it, then why are you against sniping? I believe sniping helps you to get the best price and more in some cases! If anything, sniping often drives the price above what would be (...) (23 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: eBay Anti-Sniper Strategy

(...) you (...) and more (...) would (...) were (...) maximum (...) want (...) Hmm, the way I see it is that sniping actually keeps the price down, since it kills the competition that is essential to the auction spirit. If the sniper were to bid (...) (23 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: eBay Anti-Sniper Strategy

(...) I personally believe that snipping only works for the buyer if the other buyers don't know have to effectively use the maximum bid system. As a buyer that means I bid whenever I want and bid the highest that I am absolutely willing to pay (and (...) (23 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: eBay Anti-Sniper Strategy

(...) If you bid your maximum and have the discipline not to increase your bid, then you can be outbid by someone who does not have that same discipline, like the buyers you describe in the next paragraph. If you hold off and bid the same maximum at (...) (23 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: eBay Anti-Sniper Strategy

(...) I don't care about winning, I just care about getting the sets I wanted. Sometimes I will pay a premium to get them... (...) Naw. In my case, I tend to snipe. So when I forget to bid on something at the last minute, the item I was going to bid (...) (23 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: eBay Anti-Sniper Strategy

For me, the only time I bid on any item is by sniping. Why bid early? It's like showing your opposites your hand in a game of poker. I usually wait until the last 10 or so seconds left in an auction to bid. The only drawback to this bidding, is (...) (23 years ago, 3-Feb-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: eBay Anti-Sniper Strategy

(...) I agree totally. It is fun and exciting. As a bidder I hate to see a lot get maxed out price-wise with 5 days left. Chill out, you don't need to be the high bidder the whole week. As a seller I don't even bother to be around at the end of an (...) (23 years ago, 3-Feb-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)