 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 9926
Re: eBay Anti-Sniper Strategy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sat, 3 Feb 2001 02:00:16 GMT

For me, the only time I bid on any item is by
sniping.  Why bid early?  It's like showing your
opposites your hand in a game of poker.
I usually wait until the last 10 or so seconds left
in an auction to bid.  The only drawback to this
bidding, is that, I only have one chance at becoming
the high bidder.  But I bid my max that I'm willing to pay
for any item I want.  Also, it's fun and keeps the blood
pumping.

Ken

"richard marchetti" <blueofnoon@aol.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Bob Sardelli writes:
As a seller, the beauty of an auction is that there is an added desire on
the part of buyers to "win", not just get something they want/need.
I believe that that is the reason a lot of stuff goes for outrageous • prices.
Good old human nature.

I don't care about winning, I just care about getting the sets I wanted.
Sometimes I will pay a premium to get them...

As a seller, sniping seems to hurt when items sell
for less then you hoped, but I believe that for those cases, there just
wasn't the market I had hoped for.

Naw.  In my case, I tend to snipe.  So when I forget to bid on something • at
the last minute, the item I was going to bid on often goes for less than
would otherwise have been the case.  I figure if I forgot, the other buyer
gets a deal!

-- Richard