 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 9917
Re: eBay Anti-Sniper Strategy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 00:07:55 GMT

Bones Dragon wrote:

I think your plan to avoid sniping is a hypocritical though if you're • going
to use eBay... why not just straight sell it for the price you really
want?!

I'm assuming by "sniping" that you're referring to sneaking
last-minute bids in rather than bidding all along..

I agree, why not start the minimum bid at the lowest you're really
willing to accept? Reserves can work, but in a way it's kinda silly.
You can set a "buyitnow" price too, since sometimes people
are willing to pay more just to -know- that they win. I saw one
auction in which the guy set the "buyitnow" price to the -same-
amount as the starting bid. That pretty much gaurantess that
it'll go for that price, no more and no less. No room to complain
there, since either someone will buy it or they won't.

I'm really liking "buy it now." I've used at least 5 times, and have
gotten some good deals (Yellow Castle for $150, minifigs and baseplates
plus from 2 6071s for $50, a garage door from a Deep Freeze Defender for
$10.50).

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com