 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 9452
  More changes at Paypal

Shouldn't they be required to email us with these changes??? Here's the latest: Notice Date: December 6, 2000 Effective Date: December 20, 2000 In order to increase the predictability and consistency of our credit card processing costs, the Personal (...) (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.services)

  Re: More changes at Paypal

Don't you love these people? It's OK to suck money OUT of your bank accounts pretty much unlimited but not the other way around. It also peeves me that the default payment option is the bank account given and now you really have to dig to use the (...) (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: More changes at Paypal

(...) Well, perhaps you'd prefer they eliminated the free option? What they are doing can't be done for free. They are almost certainly being charged by a credit card clearing house to process the credit card transactions. Where do you propose they (...) (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: More changes at Paypal

(...) I could have sworn I got an e-mail announcing this. I know I saw it a couple weeks ago on their site under notices. As for the bank account being the default option - I consider that a good thing. As a seller who doesn't want to upgrade to the (...) (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: More changes at Paypal

FYI, I opened a new Personal account after converting my old one to a Premier, and they don't seem to be complaining about it. The only real problem is that you can't use the same bank account for both PayPal accounts. That doesn't really matter too (...) (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: More changes at Paypal

(...) Personally, I think the BUYER should pay the fee. But I don't think they can legally do that due to the CC laws in place in the US, so there's not much we can do about it. As it is, I'm going to have to start charging people 2% more if they (...) (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  RE: More changes at Paypal & Billpoint

Hey all I opened a Billpoint account at eBay. It is free to open, charges 2.5% + $0.35 per transaction, +.5% sweep fee. This way I use PayPal most of the time, or send them to BidPay to buy a MO. If the customer really does not want to cover the (...) (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: More changes at Paypal

This seems an apporpriate place to put in a plug for Yahoo!s PayDirect. It's still free and the best part (that I like) is that I can immediately move funds to a CC in the form of a CC credit. Since I buy most everything with a CC, it works out (...) (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: More changes at Paypal & Billpoint

I refuse to use Paypal (although I guess I couldn't anyway) since I can never get them to verify any of my credit card addresses. (I have no idea why this is) I don't like BidPay mostly because of the $5.00 flat fee. I haven't looked at Billpoint. (...) (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: More changes at Paypal

(...) Or something. (...) So, does this mean personal accounts can no longer recieve payments over $100.00 by credit card? Argh. Steve (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: More changes at Paypal

I'd prefer they pay for it with advertising and an IPO. But seriously, if the costs of CC transactions are part of the industry then they should have introduced some of nominal transaction fee from the start, even 1%-2%, and then raised it from (...) (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: More changes at Paypal

(...) Advertising, sure... good idea, but what do you mean when you say "an IPO"? That they should find some sucker investors to buy stock in a company that doesn't have a revenue model and fund operating expenses out of capital, forever? Or did you (...) (24 years ago, 20-Dec-00, to lugnet.market.services, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: More changes at Paypal

(...) You are correct, too many of the e-business get treated by consumers as "make hey while the sun shines" type deals. Despite that, I think there is a need for what paypal is providing. However, I see no reason why individuals should not be able (...) (24 years ago, 20-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: More changes at Paypal

(...) The ONLY way for two people to exchange wealth without a middle man is to do a direct goods or services for goods or services trade. If you use cash, there is a middleman (the guy who minted the money, and whose guarantee you are depending (...) (24 years ago, 20-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: More changes at Paypal

(...) Money is the accepted measure of value. Sure, you could go back in time to and trade commodities - but that would be crazy. We use money as it a stable measure of value - even better than gold these days. If I look and my bank account over a (...) (24 years ago, 20-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)