 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 16034
Re: Pay Pal
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.services
Date:
Wed, 21 Jan 2004 19:45:07 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Douglas Pool wrote:
Hello again,

I have been reading peoples responses and I have a better understanding for the
most part.  I don't understand the fee thing, I am not sure what account people
that are paying fees with paypal signed up for, the one I have, I have received
payment from someone without any fees for a set I sold and I have sent money to
another person for other reasons without any fees.  I did not however try using
a credit card.  Perhaps if you are doing large scale business you are forced to
sign up for the business account where they get you with fees.  If you can not
use it for free I can see why you wouldn't want to use it.  Further more I can
understand people not wanting their financial info on yet another server that
someone might hack, I'm willing to take that gamble, some aren't.  And I didn't
realize people had had lots of bad experiences.  I did do a search initially
before posting but since there are lots of posts saying they accept paypal there
are a lot of postings, perhaps I should have tried to dig a little deeper.  And
perhaps I did under estimate people's efforts to look up information about
paypal; I apologize if I offended anyone.  And finally, yes, sellers accepting
paypal is a factor, but it’s not the only factor when looking at possible
purchases or bids.  If its a good deal on something I want, I'm most likely
going to do the extra leg work to get the form of payment the seller desires.

Thanks for the input.

Douglas Pool

In the US, PayPal users are allowed to have 2 accounts:  1 business, 1 personal.

Personal Accounts
- Cannot be linked to the same bank account/credit card as any other PayPal
account
- Cannot accept credit card funded payments which also means you cannot accept
international payments from most PayPal countries
- Cannot receive more than $1,000 per month including transfers from your
business account
- Are not assessed fees for receiving funds

Business Accounts
- Cannot be linked to the same bank account/credit card as any other PayPal
account
- Are assessed roughly 3% + $0.30 of every received payment including balance
funded payments

As a seller, until you know the source of the funds, you can't direct a buyer to
the correct account.

-Rob.

FUT .market.services