 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 16029
Re: Pay Pal
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Wed, 21 Jan 2004 00:20:14 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Douglas Pool wrote:
I am mostly just annoyed and doubt I'll get any serious answers but maybe
someone will read this and go look at Pay Pal or something similar (I'm using
paypal but that is just because its the most convenient thing I have found thus
far) and decide doing business online for free with less hassle isn't such a bad
idea after all.  I also deem it a hassle to go get a money order or bank check
and have to mail it to someone so I take that in consideration when looking at
LEGO online that I might want to buy.  Others may also.

I'm one of the people at Bricklink that won't accept Paypal payments, but I'll
use it to send money when buying stuff.  It is very easy and convenient to use
Paypal to send funds, especially if I want to use my credit card.  However, I
don't like the fees they charge me to receive money, and I find that it is very
difficult for me to actually get the money into my bank account - maybe because
I'm an international user (in Canada).

There are many horror stories of people trying to receive their money from
Paypal.  I guess it's just another one of those services that makes it easy for
users to PAY for stuff, but actually receiving the money is another matter...

-Bryan