 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 12545
Re: Trans-Yellow is NOT Trans-Anti-freeze, or Neon Green!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Fri, 19 Oct 2001 03:44:24 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Henry Lim writes:
In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Martin Scragg writes:
The problem is, that a lot of colour blind people do not know they are
colour blind.  They may have a small problem with some intensities of
colours, and so have never realised that they are colour blind.
I'm colour blind, too.  And yes, it's not like my world is completely black and
white--but I do have troubles with red and green.  Thankfully LEGO is mostly
brightly primary.  But when in doubt, I compare colours under bright light.

It's funny, when you tell people because they nearly always go through the
same routine:

Them: So, do you only see in black and white?
Me: No!
Them: So what colour is this?
Me: Blue!
Them: and what colour is this?
Me: Red!
Them: and what colour is this?
Me: Yellow!
Them: So what colour is this?
Me: Green!
Them: I thought you said you were colour blind?

I then explain to them that it is mostly at the ends of the spectrum, that I
have problems distinguishing colours, really pale or really dark.  I also
think that small amounts of another colour go missing, making things seem a
diffferent colour.  Lighting has a lot to play with it as well.

The best time I find to tell people I am colour blind is when I am driving
down a highway a night, and tell them that I can't tell the difference
between the stop lights and the yellow street lights!  That gets them
worried :-)

I still find my wife will ask me things like, "what do you think of this
colour?".  I just give here a stupid look, and then she remembers and says,
"what am I asking you for?" :-)

Martin