 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 12464
Re: 2x2x7 White Lamp Posts 4-Sale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Mon, 8 Oct 2001 14:37:22 GMT

"Jason Sutherland" <jasonsutherland5@cs.com> wrote in message
news:GKvB6C.9tF@lugnet.com...
Due to advance knowledge of this wonderful selling price that will be
available next month for these 2x2x7 Lamp Posts, I will go ahead and sell
the 20 I have now for $1.75 each.

Jason

IMHO $1.75 is still too high for this element.  With two of them available
in a $10 Harry Potter set they will have to get close to $1 each before it
becomes worth it (to me) to not part out the set myself.  Think about it:
Two elements plus shipping will be $4.50 (figuring minimum shipping is
$1.00).  For an additional $5-$6 a person can get a whole bunch of other
(mostly) useful parts.  Now if you want 20 lamp posts of them and don't want
the hassle of parting out $100 worth of HP sets, they are available on
Brickbay from a couple of sellers[1] although the lowest price reported by
Brickbay is $3 each (Troy's Surplus LEGO).

Up until the HP sets were released these were hard to come by and highly
sought after.  One could have bought one of the Disney themed sets and got a
couple but would have ended up with a bunch of parts that held little
interest to most people.  The HP sets are different in that many of the
parts of useful to many people.  Unfortunately there is no "aging" process
in Brickbay's price history so the sale of these elements when they were
truly rare and hard to find skews their current market value (as reported by
the Average Selling Price[2]).  They were rare and regularly sold for $4
each.  They are not rare anymore so the price is no longer justified (IMHO).

If what Richard Marchetti aluded to in his post
(http://news.lugnet.com/market/buy-sell-trade/?n=12461) comes to fruition,
these elements will be really cheap and the bottom will fall out - so lower
the price and move more product now!  ;-)

Mike [3]

[1] http://www.brickbay.com/search.asp?P=Y&t=143&i=2039&c=1

[2] As of 10:30 AM EDT, Brickbay reports the ASP for this element in white
as $3.43 with a low of $1.85 and a high of $6 (total of 25 sales).

[3] Who also wants a bunch of lamp posts but will likely part out HP sets
myself unless they come down to about $1 each.

http://www.nclug.net - North Carolina LEGO Users Group
http://www.nclug.net/ctb - Carolina Train Builders
http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?u=mpw - Brick Depot