 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 11384
Re: Paypal - Money stealers !!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 10:23:02 GMT

Dej'an wrote:

Hi all !

Man I am angry !

Recently we started (with a little help from a friend) accepting Paypal
as a way of payment - first payment was sent and he (our friend)
transferred it to his bank (so that he can sedn it to us) - he is located
in Netherlands, payment was sent in US $ from Japan !
..And our dear "Paypal freinds" took their 2.2 % + 0.30 $ and
transferred EUROS, while taking about 6 % as conversion fee
or something !!
That's unbelievable - it would be cheaper if that payment was sent
directly from Japaneese to our (Croatian) bank  !!!
Anyone form Europe had similar experience while receiving money
from US or so ?

Money stealers !!!

Welcome to the wonderful world of Paypal...
I had to open a German bank account, which costs me about $3 a month so I
could use the service.

You are off best by waiting with transferring till your at least above $100
or you'll lose a big part in the exchange process. I usually try to wait
till my balance is over $200, although that hasn't happened much lately ;)

Unfortunately , it's the only fast and reliable way of paying people in
foreign countries at the moment. But as soon as some other way becomes
available which is cheaper, I'll make the switch.
--
Jan-Albert "Anvil" van Ree   | http://www.vanree.net