 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 11393
Re: Paypal - Money stealers !!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 23:19:07 GMT

"Jan-Albert van Ree" <javanree@vanree.net> wrote in message
news:GEtxtG.210@lugnet.com...
Well, it's actually the same excange rate is the same for any amount
so if you excange 10*10 $ you'll loose the same as if you excange 100 $
at once ! ... First payment that we recieved was around 400$ and we
lost around 30 Euros in the excange process !!!
Hm OK. I thought you meant a fixed fee.

No, the thing is - they never mentioned anything about not beeing able to
transfer US $ to European bank accounts so they just transferred Euros
with that BAAAD excange rate !
This is what they wrote when beeing asked to trasfer $ :
Please note that currently we are not supporting international banks in US
dollars
:-(((

For instance Paypal excange rate is 1.1140 Euro per dollar (today) while
XE says it's 1.18554 - applied to 100 $ - you'll get  118.5 at xe
or 111.4 from Paypal !!!
Converting from US$ to German Marks wasn't that expensive, I lost like 1 • to
1.5% per exchange transaction. Not much different from a bank.
That's strange - DM excange rate must be "connected" with DM or NLG etc
excange rate - so how could you get more DM's than Euros ..I really don't
understand ?
Hmm would that mean that they'd have better excange rate if Gerard asks
for NLG (or DM maybe) instead of Euros ?

We subsribed to BidPay recently and now avaiting first payment ...
we'll see how it's going to be !
Still American Express Travellers Cheques are our favourite !
Those are cheap, safe and we can cash any amount without
any problems or extra fees !!!
Hmmm I can't :-( My bank still charges me about $8, for whatever
cheque/money order I want to cash.

That's good about our bank ... they have NO fees for cashing cheques
/ money orders - they have only "limits" (I mean they won't take Personal
check above certain limit (cashier's check above anotehr (higer) etc.)
- they can do that too - but then huge fees must be paid!)
Well since they already know Nives and me as reliable customers
(we go to bank like twice a week with a check or money order or so)
sometimes they raise that limit a bit for us :-) !

As for Amex and Visa travellers - there is no limit !
And those are really cheapest (even I can buy 'em here in Croatia) !

My favorite is a bank transfer, but those cost the sender quite a bit (up
to $10) and can take 3-4 weeks.
Our favourite too but yes - fees are quite high !
In our case it took 3-5 days from Hong Kong and 7-10 from US !

Are Croatian banks better then Dutch /German ???
:-)))

I've had VERY bad experiences with BidPay as a buyer, as a seller it's • just
another money order, and I hate those things... I can only go to the bank
once a week due to work hours :-(
I must say I had no idea of how it works until one buyer sent payment
using Bidpay - I had no idea how it wors or anything ... so I subscribed
and now waiting ... Is it fast/ expensive ?? .. I don't know ...

Enjoy !

Dejan & Nives
Lugnet # 595
Brickbay: http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?p=Dejan969