 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 11404
Re: Paypal - Money stealers !!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 10:50:09 GMT

Dej'an wrote:

I found another discussion regarding "our issue" on
Lugent.market.theory...

I guess you know "Brickhead" - this is what he wrote (to Paypal) :

I was disappointed to find out that PayPal has the worst exchange fee I
ever encountered in my life (6%). You do not state anywhere on your
web page the exchange rates you are applying to transfers from
US$ to Euros. In my humble opinion this is bad business, and close to
fraud

He is German .. so they took him 6% - as much as they took from Gerard &
me, so I just don't understand how come that they took only 1,5% from you
??? So as far as I understand - you told 'em (before transfering money
from your
Paypal to your bank account) that you want DM  - or what ?

Let me re-calculate then... problem is I do my math in guilders, so if I'm
off on the exchange rates for a few cents I get 3 times the error (US$ ->
Euro -> DM -> Guilder)

OK here we go

Euro exchange rate last week according to paypal:
$1 = Euro 1.1084

According to OANDA currency converter
$1 = Euro 1.17

So it's about $0.05 per dollar, or 5%...
Looks like I was off indeed.
( I get paid in Euro's as well by Paypal. At least the bank doesn't slap me
with additional Euro-DM exchange cost)
--
Jan-Albert "Anvil" van Ree   | http://www.vanree.net