 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 11383
Re: Wated: faded Crusader
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 06:12:48 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, John Carroll writes:
Hello

I am looking for one crossed axe crusader where the gold paint on the emblem
has (mostly) faded off and unless you look closely it looks like he has a
black shield with a blue border on his chest.

Ha!!  So, somebody actually wants these?  I have at least 3 where the gold
paint has vanished [1] and there is very little left to see. [2]
After trying to trade these a few times, I resigned them to be used for minifig
sacrifice and now have no heads, hands, arms, or legs.  Should have thrown them
away a long time ago.

After I locate them, I can send them to you...

__Kevin Salm__
....Lego brick enthusiast for over 20 years....

[1]  I say vanished because I have always taken exceptional care of all of my
Lego, even as a child.  I guess some batches of the gold paint just was not as
good as others.  I have dozens of Crusader figs that have perfect paint.

[2]  Anyone not knowing what the torso pattern was supposed to be would never
be able to figure it out.

.