 Marketplace / Auctions / 7079
7078  |  7080
Subject:
So what would you do?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 05:11:54 GMT

Ok, here's a not-so-hypothetical situation for you...

You see a lot on ebay-- 3 sets, all 100% complete, with the exception of 4
pieces, and 1 substituted piece. You bid. You win.

You get the sets. problem. 24 pieces are missing (out of 852). Some are
persnickity missing pieces (I.E. 6 of these are the 'horse backings' that come
with castle sets (the 1x2 plate & brick that come with every horse) but aren't
clearly pictured in the instructions nor always easily remembered). Some are
blatently obvious (how do you miss a 4x6 plate?) Also, a 1x2 technic beam and
a technic peg are substituted for a 1x2 brick w/ peg built in.

However, the worst part is that two of the pieces aren't genuine Lego! They're
in fact Tyco Super Blocks! I'm rather glad I noticed that at the last minute,
since I most likely would have otherwise just added them to my collection,
only to find them a year or more later down the line... (Yes, I'm rather the
purist)

Anyway, I haven't spoken to the seller yet. Perhaps they'll gladly be able to
replace 100% of the pieces that are missing, and sub back in the two Tyco
blocks for Lego ones. But all the same, if they do, I don't feel justified in
giving them either positive or negative feedback. After all, I'd like to
provide future buyers with fair warning to take a look at their winnings with
scrutiny, but I also don't want to taint this seller's record if they're
perfectly willing to make up for their mistake...

I'll probably just end up leaving neutral feedback (or negative if they won't
offer to make amends for the problem), but anyone have any thoughts on this
before I go making a mistake?

DaveE