 Marketplace / Auctions / 692
Re: "Exclusivity" at DTRH?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 23:06:12 GMT

Gene Rodriguez III <gr3@superlink.net> wrote:
I feel intensely uncomfortable with being forced to make this
decision, and feel that it puts me in a "no win" situation. If
I let go of exclusivity then I've got a major player a couple
of sectors away on the hard drive; if I keep exclusivity at
DTRH I risk offending you (and by extension the rest of the
Lego online community).

Ultimately, I guess I would be able to live with a Lego
"neighbor" at DTRH, after all it's just another URL.

I'm hoping you understand my concerns and the difficulty I'm
having with this situation. I'd also like to get your feedback
and that of others here at lugnet before I make a decision.

Well, I think your thoughtful response deserves more time than I can
give it right now since I'm due to meet my family at the hospital in
just a bit, but I'd just like to point out that, to me anyway, this
wouldn't have to be viewed as a competition thing, because if it were,
then we're competing already.

Right now I have sales and auctions at another URL that I'm running by
hand.  If I had never heard of you or DTRH I would probably soon move
to doing them with the EveryAuction script (as a test at first,
admittedly) and if it worked, they would be run that way.

Assuming I ended up with a /mike or whatever site at DTRH I'd be
running auctions there.

Either way, I'm running auctions, and either way I'll be posting
notifications of them on RTL and here, just like you do.

The only difference being that one is less work for me, one is more
work.  I honestly don't anticipate random people dropping into DTRH's
main page and seeing

Beanie Baby Auction (click here)

Brickyard Lego Auction (click here)

Mike's Lego Auction (click here)

being that much of a factor.  By and large, the majority of my bidders
come to my site when they read an announcement on RTL and here.  I'd
guess the same is true from you.

Heck, they can leave me OFF the front page for all I care.  All I want
is to pay them to put their script expertise to use so I don't have to
spend my time doing it on my own site and so I don't have to pay an
extra $11/mo at pair to be able to do it.

Rambled more than I wanted to.  Didn't want to put you in a position
where you think you're choosing between what you think can help your
site and what you might think could hurt your rep around here or on
RTL.  That's not my bag, as it were.

More thoughts to follow later...

http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/
800-835-4386 (S@H USA) / 800-267-5346 (S@H Canada)