 Marketplace / Auctions / 691
Re: "Exclusivity" at DTRH?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 22:55:16 GMT

Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote:
You agree it's within the rights of DTRH to do this, right?
Well, then, isn't it only an issue to you if Gene disagrees?

Well, actually, it only becomes a disappointment if Gene disagrees,
but, in my mind, it becomes less of an issue.  I feel like I "know"
Gene, so I would never think to tell him what to do.  I'd respect his
decision even though I'd kinda shake my head at DTRH's resulting
decision to eliminate competition within it's site.

It was mainly the shock the spun me around.  Especially since I had
already talked this site up to two separate people running Lego
auctions, both because of the price and the coolness of the script.

And while I agree that DTRH is within it's rights to DO this, I also
agree that it is within my rights to point out how foolhardy and
wrongheaded that it is, and even to go so far as to point out that all
*I* would really want is the use of the script on their site - I don't
need some listing in a mall front page thing to get business.  I can
get business by posting here and on RTL.

Has he?

Guess we'll find out soon.  :)  Looks like he has.  I never wanted to
discuss HIS decision, though - it's his to make.  I just felt like
ranting over what seems to have been a little bit of the collectible
toy reality setting in.

I would like to stress, though, that after receiving another e-mail
from the person at DTRH, while I still think it would be irrelevant to
have two Lego auction sites (or 200) there, I admire the person's
willingness to stick by what he feels is an agreement with his
original customers.  I just think the agreement is a little inflexible
and a lot less applicable to Lego auctions than it would be to, say,
beanie baby auctions.

http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/
800-835-4386 (S@H USA) / 800-267-5346 (S@H Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - Focused discussion groups for LEGO fans worldwide