 Marketplace / Auctions / 5072
Re: FA: (eBay) Darth Vader Minifig (Dutch) x8
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 02:15:01 GMT

Kevin Wilson <70641.507@compuserve.com> wrote in message
<38D91001.DD3AC374@compuserve.com>...
Dan Jezek wrote:
They're not being sold all at once.  This is a "Dutch auction" which
means that the quantity of the item is more than 1.

I do know what a Dutch auction is, Dan. Have experimented with them on
eBay and don't like them - if I have 8 of something to sell I prefer to
do them in series. By "all at once" I meant "all at the same time" not
"all in one batch": having 8 up at the same time does drive the price
for each one down.

Exactly. It's supply and demand:

If you have 10 bidders and one Vader fig - the price will go up because they
all want that fig and it's the only one.

If there's 10 bidders and 10 Vader figs, there is no reason for them to bid
higher when they can get it for cheaper, and the price lowers per auction
(or Dutch Auction).

Theoretically,
DBR