 Marketplace / Auctions / 5038
Re: FA: (eBay) Darth Vader Minifig (Dutch) x8
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 04:01:42 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Kevin Wilson writes:
Dan Jezek wrote:

Bidding is at $7.50 which is how much I want to get for each which I >think • is not that high since Bobba Fett sold for $10.50.

The only Darth Vader I sold went for about $15 last year. But selling 8
at once will push the price down, of course...

They're not being sold all at once.  This is a "Dutch auction" which means
that the quantity of the item is more than 1.
In this case, there is quantity of 8 available and there can be up to 8 high
bidders at the same time bidding at the starting bid.  If a 9th person was
going to bid, then the bidding price would go up.  If there were 8 high
bidders at the end of the auction, each bidder would "win" 1 item at the
lowest starting bid, in this case $7.50 regardless of how high their bid was.
90% of the people on eBay probably won't understand this process, it took me a
while too.  There is a link to the full explanation of a Dutch auction on the
auction page.

D.