 Marketplace / Auctions / 4163
Re: AucZILLA XII - Star Wars - taking suggestions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2000 04:05:15 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.market.auction, Todd Lehman writes:
AucZILLA XII will focus on Star Wars parts in a big way.  Now taking
suggestions on what to include.  Will try to include some of everything
but need to gain a sense for how to balance things out.

For example, are quantities of the Scout Troopers from the Speeder Bikes set
cooler than quantities of the Battle Droids from the Naboo Swamp set?  Are
lots and lots of orange tiles from the big podrace set a good thing?  Tan
hairpieces from the Landspeeder set?  How about those weird 16x2 brown
funny-sloped bricks from the Droid Fighter?  Red R2-Unit vs. Blue R2-Unit?
Etc....

--Todd

Hi Todd,
Please, do us Castle fans (I'm prolly not the only one who wants this) a huge
favor and include LOTS of Qui-Gon Jinn torsos, otherwise known as peasant
torsos in the Castle context. We love'em, we need'em, and those who don't
happen to be SW fans as well as Castle (like me), don't have them!
I just got my first one today, which makes me want more!
Please, put them on (but don't count only on my advice ;-)

Also, 7161 seems to have lots of slopes in blue, grey and (?) dk grey. I don't
know what else's in there, but that might be useful.

7124 has tons of green pieces which I'm sure will attract many people.
7171 will surely be a GREAT thing, all the hard-to-find colors and minifig
selection.

I'm no SW fan but Auczilla is supposed to attract people from all themes.
(Isn't that so?) In which case I would like to see some Castle sets taken
apart - the rare and semi-rare figs would prolly go for a lot (Queen,
Princess, Brown-mustached knight) and there are lots of nice, new pieces
included there.

I *would* like to see Belville pieces but I know they wouldn't attract big
audiences (except for the gems and magic wands that are already majorly
discussed in the castle newsgroup). Too bad...

Rock Raiders might be worth something with all those teal pieces. Then again,
they might not.

I agree! All teal pieces from Rock Raider sets are a nice touch for a Castle
or Temple. My view is that, in general, the Underground sets are not very
nice, but have some interesting pieces. For example the DkGray wings used in
the feet of 4940, or the big three-blade brown propellers from 4980.

The late ninja sets (with blue roofs and tan walls and brown baseplates) and
Amazon Adventurer sets also ought to appear in future Auczillas I think....

btw, is bidding allowed for >18 y/o? If not, can I request bidding approval
from my dad or something?

It would be nice to see you in Auczilla, but beware, it makes you feel like
a small kid in a candy store. You let your money fly and you don't notice
untill you see the added total of your bids....In any case it's money very
well spent  :)

-Shiri

BTW: Is "teal" = "aqua"?

Regards,