 Marketplace / Auctions / 4014
Re: AucZILLA XII - Star Wars - taking suggestions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 13:55:03 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Todd Lehman writes:
AucZILLA XII will focus on Star Wars parts in a big way.  Now taking
suggestions on what to include.  Will try to include some of everything
but need to gain a sense for how to balance things out.

Todd, you and I talked about this before but here are some of my ideas...

For example, are quantities of the Scout Troopers from the Speeder Bikes set
cooler than quantities of the Battle Droids from the Naboo Swamp set?

Personally I would go for the Scout Troopers here given the choice.  They are
no Stormtroopers but I am a Classic SW fan and thats what I want in quantity.
That being said there are lots of EP1 fans out there too so the droids would
probably sell too.

As for the other parts in these sets I think the torsos from Naboo Swamp would
sell better.  (Just look at the Castle group and all the uses for these figs in
that theme).  I personally love Jedi Luke to though and use him extesively as a
rebel soldier although that is not as common a use as the uses for the other
figs.  Both sets have lots of brown which is very cool.  Although there are a
lot more parts in the speeder bikes that are hard to find uses for.

So I guess my preferance would be Speeder Bikes but I think the Naboo Swamp
parts might sell better.

Are lots and lots of orange tiles from the big podrace set a good thing?

You bet.  And don't forget the 1x1 purple tiles.  I think they would be hugh.
The color selection in this set is great so if you can get some on sale I think
you could make some good money off the set.  Here is what I think would be big.

1.  Padme's Hair
2.  Purple 1x1 tiles
3.  Orange and Green parts abound
4.  Click Hinges (This is the only set that uses DkGray Female and Gray male
hinges.
5.  Qui-Gon, Padme, Jar Jar Torso's
6.  All the tan bricks and plates used for the supports.
7.  Purple Grill tiles.
8.  1x2 Click hinge plates from Anakin's pod.

Plus so much more although I think Jar Jar Heads are going to be cat food.

Tan hairpieces from the Landspeeder set?

I doubt the Tan hairpieces will be big because there are so many spread through
the theme.  What I think will be big is the Gray hairpiece from Obi Wan.  Plus
this set has good fig torsos again and quite a bit of tan.

How about those weird 16x2 brown funny-sloped bricks from the Droid Fighter?

Don't know about that one.  Personally I might skip this set unless you can get
them at a really good price.

Red R2-Unit vs. Blue R2-Unit?

Blue R2 - Forget it I've got more than I could ever need.
Red R2 - This might be an OK sell.

Etc....

Well "etc." covers a lot but here are some thoughts.

7130 and 7140 are great for general parts althought the figs probably won't
sell as well as the more peasantish figs.  I do love the Mechanic though so he
might sell well he is pretty generic.

7151 Auful set but great parts pack.  Maul's Torso should be a good seller plus
the Black hood and cape.  Then there are all the gray and dkgray parts that
usually sell very well.  If you can get this on sale I would get a lot.

7161 - Well we talked about this one and while I agree it probably is not a
very good set for auction I thought I would mention this is the only set with
Young Obi-Wan and the Brown Hood which is hugh.  Other than that there are lots
of 2x3 and 4x3 gray low-slopes and Gray plates.  Again probably not the best
choice unless you get a superior deal.

7144 - This will probably be a tough one to get a good deal on but the color
and part selection are great.  Lots of Green and Brown Slopes

7141 - This has lots of 2x4 extra-low slope bricks plus the canopy.  And
Anakin's torso is good peasant fodder.

7150 - Darth Vader! plus good selection of parts and this is the only set you
can get Gold Leaders Helmet in which is important for people creating a
squadron and need a variety of helmets.  Plus the Red R2 and all the 4x4 rounds
in different colors.  This is also the only set with the new "bubble clear
piece" aka "The Tie Canopy" that has a usable print to it.

I guess any way you go you can't loose but in general the EP1 figs make better
generics (Plus 7110 as well).  I also think the part selection in the Classic
sets is better overall except for 7171 which has lots of parts in uncommon
colors.

Hope That Helps,

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group