 Marketplace / Auctions / 2218
  Re: FA : SOCCER SETS AND SUB-SETS (all new misp/misb)

I would just like to say that whilst many readers may think my description was misleading, and some of have indicated that it deliberately so, it was not (and is not) my intention for this to be the case. Naturally, I want anyone who buys from me to (...) (25 years ago, 20-Aug-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: FA : SOCCER SETS AND SUB-SETS (all new misp/misb)

For the record, I have just mailed all the bidders and clarified the situation. I have also given them instruction as to how they may retract their bid. The message read: You have bid on my auction (above). I have received an e-mail which accused me (...) (25 years ago, 20-Aug-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: FA : SOCCER SETS AND SUB-SETS (all new misp/misb)

Also for the record, Scott had appended his eBay posting to explicitly state the boxes are empty *before* anyone here pointed out the possibly misleading description. And Scott, sorry if my first contribution to this thread sounded accusatory - I (...) (25 years ago, 20-Aug-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: FA : SOCCER SETS AND SUB-SETS (all new misp/misb)

(...) I never said it was your intention to deceive. I just think the implied attitude behind "anyone with a clear understanding of English" is a little misplaced, given the fact that your eBay description is NOT crystal clear. If it were, you (...) (25 years ago, 20-Aug-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: FA : SOCCER SETS AND SUB-SETS (all new misp/misb)

I received the email and retracted my bid. I had bid on this prior to realizing it was only boxes, no Lego. When I noticed that it was only boxes, I was glad to see that I had already been outbid. By the time I got the email, though, I was again (...) (25 years ago, 21-Aug-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

Doug Finney wrote in message ... (...) A friend of mine pointed out this auction to me, and I bid on it. We were both under the impression there were several boxed Starter Soccer sets. We agreed to split them. I assumed (damn) that the bid was low (...) (25 years ago, 21-Aug-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: FA : SOCCER SETS AND SUB-SETS (all new misp/misb)

When I first saw the listing on eBay I also thought it was for six complete sets. Having read this thread I realize now that it does say "boxes" in the header and not sets. I read "boxes" but I interpreted "sets". Like John I figured the price was (...) (25 years ago, 21-Aug-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

Mike Walsh wrote in message ... (...) to (...) Squishage - one of my favorites. So is someone better off with six shelfworn Soccer sets that are sealed or six open soccer sets in minty boxes? Since most of the people buying them don't give a rats (...) (25 years ago, 21-Aug-99, to lugnet.market.auction)