 Marketplace / Auctions / 1611
Re: Auction: 4564 and 4555 Train sets; Update 8
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.off-topic.pun
Date:
Sun, 16 May 1999 19:14:33 GMT

Hugo Matre wrote:

Really?  That was a phrase my freshman college roommate used to say
after having taken first semester Norwegian.  I think he claimed it was
the *only* phrase he learned in Norwegian;-)  It was supposed to say "I
have never been to Norway"-- how would one write that correctly?

Jeg har ikke vært i Norge.

BTW you might get a kick out of this, Hugo-- my alma mater is St. Olaf
College AND my wife is 100% Norwegian (maiden name Odland).  So, we got
*that* in common.  Now, let's talk about how much Sweden sucks;-)

Poor Sweden. Our big brother who can't get anything right now. Spescially
sports. Don't make things worse for them :-)
I think Odland is a name from the southern part of Norway. I am from the
northern part.

Hugo

Yes, her relatives live in Stavanger and Oslo.  BTW, I hope you weren't
offended by my joke about your spelling.  I admire individuals who are
bilingual; in fact my kids are enrolled in a French immersion elementary
school (I would have preferred Spanish, but French was the language offered
by my community).

-John