 Marketplace / Auctions / *1443 (-10)
  Re: Auction: 4564 and 4555 Train sets; Update 1

I already have both of these sets. They are most excellent. Steve (...) (25 years ago, 28-Apr-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: [DISC] Shortcircuit eBay?

(...) Very nicely said. Steve (25 years ago, 28-Apr-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Planning, not arguments, please (was Re: [DISC] Shortcircuit eBay?

(...) He should have read the rules of the auction. Several messages have stated that the auction announcement should and must include a description of how the auction is going to differ from a regular eBay auction. Bidders should always read (...) (25 years ago, 28-Apr-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: [DISC] Shortcircuit eBay?

(...) OK. G1/G2/Sold auctions can run as long - or as short - as the seller wants (assuming the auction site allows). If the seller wants to increase the 'excitement factor' by keeping the auction shorter, they can: 1. Decrease the time from the (...) (25 years ago, 28-Apr-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Auction Update: Model Team/Technics/Town

Here's the latest update... (...) For original set and auction conditions etc. see the original message (URL) pays shipping from the UK. The auction will remain open until next Monday, 3rd May. I'll probably be taking Friday off work - if so, then (...) (25 years ago, 28-Apr-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: [DISC] Shortcircuit eBay?

(...) Where's that QOTD newsgroup? Steve (25 years ago, 28-Apr-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: [DISC] Shortcircuit eBay?

(...) Like the fact that I just this morning received a "daily eBay update" which was two days stale? It listed my auction (which closed two days ago), with an old high-bid? And I still haven't received the auction-closing confirmation e-mail from (...) (25 years ago, 28-Apr-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Planning, not arguments, please (was Re: [DISC] Shortcircuit eBay?

(...) The valid counter-argument is that if the sniper followed the rules of this particular auction, the problem would not have occurred. As in a sport, rules are present to encourage a fair match. Occasionally, a trivial violation leads to a (...) (25 years ago, 28-Apr-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Methodology: Reserve, Controlled Reserve, or No Reserve?

(...) That used to be the case, but they've changed it. Now the listing fee is tied to the min bid or the reserve amount, whichever is greater. I still hate reserves, though, and I don't bid on items with reserves. My choice is (4) no reserves (...) (25 years ago, 28-Apr-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Planning, not arguments, please (was Re: [DISC] Shortcircuit eBay?

Mitchell I. Puschett wrote in message <37268F52.E2AFDA8D@pol.net>... (...) Thanks for getting back onto the topic I was interested in... (...) This is interesting to me. However, I think these rules are out dated. Since eBay recently changed the (...) (25 years ago, 28-Apr-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact