 Marketplace / Appraisal / 462
Re: Brickbay idea? (Re: Cypress Trees)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.market.appraisal
Date:
Wed, 16 May 2001 23:17:06 GMT

David Eaton wrote in message ...
Yeah, my guess is that it wouldn't be overly valuable to the service
itself-- except perhaps if it would make people more "accurately" price
their items which in turn would turn into more actual sales and less things
'hanging around'... But my guess is that more people would use it just to
check up on how much a certain piece was going for, etc...

As a seller, whenever you list a piece for sale the previous lowest, highest
and average sale price are displayed, so sellers have that information
available, but may choose to price their items differently for whatever
reason. Actual current prices that an item is listed for are often different
from the historical min/max/avg due to changes in availability and demand.

I seem to remember coming across access to the price guide in another place
too, but I can't remember where.

Kevin
Craftsman Lego Kits & Custom models: http://www.lionsgatemodels.com
Brickbay Lego parts store: http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?p=Kevinw1