 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 10981
Re: Brickbay idea? (Re: Cypress Trees)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.market.appraisal
Date:
Wed, 16 May 2001 18:36:24 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, David Eaton writes:
Just thinking out loud here-- but it occurred to me the other day that
averaging the "ask" price for Brickbay items is probably a slightly pricey
way to figure things out-- because assumedly all the items that people WILL
buy are already bought (and no longer viewable), and all the items that are
too expensive will probably just sit there...

It'd most likely be a whole slew of info for Brickbay to keep track of (that
doesn't make profit), but it'd be nice if you could search through past
sales just to see "more accurate" prices for certain parts...

Brickbay does that... or at least, it logs the number of times sold, the
highest, lowest and average price sold at.

Brickbay certainly tracks and retains all transaction info, it's just a
matter of accessing it (and determining if the info is worth the time to
make that access).

James