 Marketplace / Appraisal / *526 (-20)
  Re: Construction Toy Grading Standards Now Live!

(...) Well, with all of that in mind and because it is an obviously good point, I added a "Notes" section to my sample item description and a special note following the section on the relationship between tobacco smoke defects and resale value. I (...) (23 years ago, 30-Oct-01, to lugnet.market.appraisal)

  Small annoyance with seller

Hey Y'all: I had a recent hassle with a seller on Brickbay who sold me a yellow castle minifigure and some other bits that were not in the "Great Condition" described. I found the black visor on the minifigure to have been chewed (ABC) and other (...) (23 years ago, 30-Oct-01, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.market.appraisal)

  Re: Construction Toy Grading Standards Now Live!

(...) c /effect/affect/ or c /How does it effect/What effect does it have on/ GRIN But anyway, great question. I think it should have a strong negative effect, or that is, it should affect the score negatively. GRIN again. I don't know if it should (...) (23 years ago, 30-Oct-01, to lugnet.market.appraisal)

  Re: Construction Toy Grading Standards Now Live!

What about cigarette smoke? How does it effect the score? - David (...) (23 years ago, 30-Oct-01, to lugnet.market.appraisal)

  Re: Construction Toy Grading Standards Now Live!

(...) A great effort Richard, but I'm still no clearer on the difference between MISB! and MISB!!!!? :) A general point, I think the scoring from 1-100 is a little ambitious. What is the deference between a 56 box and a 57? I think 0-10 would be (...) (23 years ago, 30-Oct-01, to lugnet.market.appraisal)

  Construction Toy Grading Standards Now Live!

Hey Y'all: I have created a printer friendly, html version of my proposed construction toy grading standards and it is now live online at: (URL) hope that it will prove useful in providing an easier method of appraising and communicating the (...) (23 years ago, 30-Oct-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.appraisal, lugnet.announce) !

  Re: Proposed Construction Toy Grading Standards

This is very useful and I wish it was around a fews months ago when I had problems with a buyer. So with all this being said, if a seal looks like it might have been moved or opened, where would this fit in the categories? A 98 perhaps? Thanks for (...) (23 years ago, 25-Oct-01, to lugnet.market.appraisal)

  Re: Proposed Construction Toy Grading Standards

(...) I think these are an excellent piece of work. Where I think more verbiage might be helpful is in a discussion of what exactly "sealed" means. Sets are sealed in many different ways depending on the technology. One of the more common ways is (...) (23 years ago, 25-Oct-01, to lugnet.market.appraisal)

  Need value of RED 12V train motor

Hi, I would like to get estimate how much I could get for a RED 12 volt train motor in USED condition, which has one wheel loose (i suppose glue would fix that), and the small clips on other end of motor broken off. The engine runs fine and is (...) (23 years ago, 25-Oct-01, to lugnet.market.appraisal)

Looks good to me! --Gary jedi*mugin alaskanjedi to many aliases to list in this sig.... richard marchetti <blueofnoon@aol.com> wrote in message news:GLqJo3.IyD@lugnet.com... (...) annoys. (...) it (...) to (...) bit (...) the (...) new (...) only (...) (23 years ago, 25-Oct-01, to lugnet.market.appraisal)

  Re: Proposed Construction Toy Grading Standards

Hey Y'all: I am not the cross-posting genius or anything, so forgive me if this annoys. I just thought that the first time I posted this I might have pigeonholed it a little too much. The original of this post is available here: (URL) I could use (...) (23 years ago, 25-Oct-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.appraisal)

  Re: Proposed Construction Toy Grading Standards

(...) Well, the idea comes from things like the "Comic Book Buyers Guide", "Wizard Magazine", or something like that. So yeah, the idea seems to be to protect the buyers in some way. And while comic books can be worth hundreds of thousands of (...) (23 years ago, 24-Oct-01, to lugnet.market.appraisal)

  Re: Proposed Construction Toy Grading Standards

(...) I personally like the idea of a numeric grading system that also uses the labels you listed such as Very Good, Good, Poor, etc. Overall, your proposal appears easy to use and understand, primarily for buyers. The merchandising of new, unused (...) (23 years ago, 24-Oct-01, to lugnet.market.appraisal)

  Re: Proposed Construction Toy Grading Standards

(...) <snip> (...) Yup, 'tis fair. Also seems to be accurate, and sufficient, but I have to confess that my eyes started to glaze over about halfway down, and I personally will never use a grading system of that exactitude (either when selling, or (...) (23 years ago, 24-Oct-01, to lugnet.market.appraisal)

  Re: Proposed Construction Toy Grading Standards

(...) Any constructive criticism in developing these grading standards is very much appreciated -- so thanks, Chris, for responding at all! The more voices I hear the better I can improve the standards and hopefully arrive at something that many (...) (23 years ago, 24-Oct-01, to lugnet.market.appraisal)

  Re: Proposed Construction Toy Grading Standards

<snipped it all> Very good informative read, Rick. Reminds me of sports card grading systems. I think it'd be cool to get into the habit of using something like this; maybe a bit looser standards, but pretty close to. -Chris (23 years ago, 24-Oct-01, to lugnet.market.appraisal)

  Proposed Construction Toy Grading Standards

Hey Y'all: I could use some feedback on the following. Please do not reply to me personally at my email address, but rather reply here so that others may take part in the discussion over the issues that may arise. Thanks in advance, Hop-Frog (...) (23 years ago, 24-Oct-01, to lugnet.market.appraisal)

  value of '70s sets?

I have a friend who recentlly dug up his lego collection. ranging from the early '70 to the ealy '90 (but not particurarlly large, [two buckets]) in played with condition. I think I have found a few of the sets that some of the pieces have come (...) (23 years ago, 16-Oct-01, to lugnet.market.appraisal)

  12v transformer and Oval of track

What would be a good price for a 12v transformer without box and an oval of 12v track. I was thinking of £5 for the transformer and £10 for the track. Is that about right ???? Michael Pratt (23 years ago, 14-Oct-01, to lugnet.market.appraisal)

  Re: market for RIS 1.0/1.5?

After seeing the recent posts about the RIS 1.5 being offered at CompUSA, I would like to offer this set for sale sooner rather than later. However, I'm not sure what price I should offer it for. I would appreciate any input from those more (...) (23 years ago, 9-Oct-01, to lugnet.market.appraisal)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact