 Local / United States / Washington / Seattle / 132 (-100)
  Find a Lego "Shell" Flag at Brickswest Pavillion?

Hi, Along with the striped Lego sheet skirting we put up around the display table, we also had one of the "Shell Gas Station" Red Lego Flags on the side facing the Robot tables in the front corner. We got the skirting back, but did anyone from (...) (22 years ago, 26-Feb-02, to lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea)

  Re: More train work this week...

(...) Lego train but have yet to sit down and really try to build some of my own cars. These pictures and ideas of yours may just inspire me. (...) To me this just begs for some sort of walkway overpass from the control tower to the viewing area. (...) (22 years ago, 24-Dec-01, to lugnet.loc.ca.bc.van, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.ca.ab.edm, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.ca.ab.cal)

  More train work this week...

I cleaned off the kitchen table this week, in order to sort some LEGO bought over the past few months, and to *finally* build something! I worked on a couple new iterations of the multi-bed 'well-car' designs. I'd made a new page ((URL) to document (...) (22 years ago, 24-Dec-01, to lugnet.loc.ca.bc.van, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.ca.ab.edm, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.ca.ab.cal)

  Re: (look out) I'm a-comin' yer way!

(...) <snipped> (...) Greetings Mr. Muffin Head! I shall do that. I must say that I am realy looking forward to the visit. The last time I was back "home" for any sort of vacationing was about 4 years ago, now. *8| Talk at ya in another month or so (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea)

  Re: (look out) I'm a-comin' yer way!

(...) Hi Joel! I'll rally the troops and see who wants to have an impromptu SEALUG meeting and hang out and such. Please check back with us when the date gets closer, because I have a feeling some people will say "oh yeah" and then forget about it (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea)

  (look out) I'm a-comin' yer way!

My wife and I have booked our flight to Seattle for vacation. (woohoo!) We'll be there from the 22nd through the 29th of September to visit family and friends. Should any of you SEALUGers (or others!) in the Seattle area be interested in meeting up (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea)

  How about a Brickfest West?

Well, I've been looking at the pics of Friday's Brickfest activities on Brickshelf, and checking out the webcams, and I'm jealous! I wanna go too! How about a Brickfest Northwest? Anyone in Seattle up for organising something like this? I don't (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.events, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.van, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.vic, lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.loc.ca.bc, lugnet.trains.org)

  Who is near Redmond?

Hi, I will be going to the states for 10 days, staying in Redmond and would like to meed some LUG. Is there any meeting that will occur near May 12? Best regards, Felipe Coury (23 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.wafol, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea, lugnet.org.us.wamalug)

  Re: This just in- earthquake knocks ABS to the ground!

Reposting- I forgot to include Seattle and SeaLUG. (...) (23 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea, lugnet.org.us.sealug)

  First SMART meeting reminder

This is just a reminder that SMART (the Seattle Mindstorms And Robotic Techies) is having their first meeting on Sunday January 28th, at 2pm in the Bellevue Public Library. The first mini-challenge is to build a robot to track the edge of a line. (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.us.smart, lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea, lugnet.loc.us.wa.tac, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.robotics.events)

  Re: Announcing the Seattle Mindstorms and Robotic Techies

(...) Thank you very much! -- David Schilling (23 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea, lugnet.loc.us.wa.tac, lugnet.org, lugnet.org.us)

  Re: Announcing the Seattle Mindstorms and Robotic Techies

(...) Coming right up. --Todd (23 years ago, 13-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea, lugnet.loc.us.wa.tac, lugnet.org, lugnet.org.us)

  (canceled)

  (canceled)

  Re: Announcing the Seattle Mindstorms and Robotic Techies

(...) a (...) the (...) Well the standard had been set with the Asian maps and LEGOMUG (Japanese Mindstorms Group). Besides I think it is a logical division with the potential for widespread growth like Trains. (...) No problem. You kind of got (...) (23 years ago, 13-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea, lugnet.loc.us.wa.tac)

  Re: Announcing the Seattle Mindstorms and Robotic Techies

(...) Cool, we get our own map! Thanks! -- David Schilling (23 years ago, 13-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea, lugnet.loc.us.wa.tac)

  Re: Announcing the Seattle Mindstorms and Robotic Techies

Congratulations!! Looks like fun. I have added you to the development map but I will wait until Todd gives you a group on LUGNET before I have him copy it over because I will have to make the link. Here is the development map: (URL) Kingsley (...) (23 years ago, 13-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea, lugnet.loc.us.wa.tac)

  Announcing the Seattle Mindstorms and Robotic Techies

After the November 6th "Workshop 3D LEGO RCX Challenge" in Seattle, Gus Jansson and I decided it was time to start a LEGO Robot specific group in this area. Well, it's about a month later, and we're through talking, time for some action! So this is (...) (23 years ago, 12-Dec-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea, lugnet.loc.us.wa.tac, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.robotics.events, lugnet.technic) !

  Trains 2000 (Burnaby, BC Canada): Award Won

Greetings! Today, November 12, 2000, a milestone was reached in the short history (so far) of the Vancouver Lego Club. Today, after a couple months of painstaking planning (as can be attested by the number of posts recently), we debuted at the (...) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.van, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.vic, lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org) !

  Vancouver Lego CLub to participate in Train Show Nov 12

We're pleased to announce that the Vancouver Lego Club will be taking part in "Trains 2000" on Nov 12th at the Cameron Recreation Centre in Burnaby, BC, Canada (9523 Cameron St) from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. We'll be exhibiting a 16' x 6' lego train (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.van, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.vic, lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea) !

  Re: Visit in February (President's weekend)

(...) Well, actually, the October meeting was held two days before you joined the eGroups mailing list. There are multiple reminders about meetings once you're on the list, however, so that shouldn't happen again. (...) Well, we can make one up for (...) (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea, lugnet.loc.us.or.por)

  Re: Visit in February (President's weekend)

(...) again?) (...) Well, as soon as I said I'd come to the next meeting and talk pirate stuff, you guys 'forget' to tell me where and when the October meeting was. :^P I guess I'm supposed to believe that email I got was an actual invitation... (...) (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea, lugnet.loc.us.or.por)

  Re: Visit in February (President's weekend)

(...) Maybe "popular" is too strong a word. ;^) (...) *ahem* Perhaps if some people who were interested in stuff other than Space came to the meetings.... Shiri, we'll be needing you to call yourself "Mark" while you're visiting... just to keep (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea, lugnet.loc.us.or.por)

  Re: Visit in February (President's weekend)

(...) Legendary Shiri? Wow, I had no idea I was that popular. ;-) (...) Mark and Mark? And his alter ego? Hehehe... (me, myself and I all over again?) (...) Please do, I'd be really happy to meet anyone around. I will find out the dates ASAP (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea, lugnet.loc.us.or.por)

  Re: Visit in February (President's weekend)

Egad! RUN! ;^D Sounds great, Shiri! Perhaps we can organize a SEALUG meeting around and about the time you show up... keep us posted on the dates of your visit. Thanks for the heads up! ~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea, lugnet.loc.us.or.por)

  Re: Visit in February (President's weekend)

(...) Wow, the legendary Shiri coming to our shores, will wonders never cease. Maybe she'll put a stop to all this Space foolishness that's been going on with Mark and Mark. :) This definitely calls for a special meeting. Not that we haven't be (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea, lugnet.loc.us.or.por)

  Visit in February (President's weekend)

Hey guys, Gotta be brief, but just wanted to drop y'all a note saying I'll be around in February, on President's week. Dates elude me at the moment, but if I don't post now I'll probably forget entirely. I'll be landing in Portland, staying there (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea, lugnet.loc.us.or.por)

  Re: PNLTC invites participation in world record attempt

(...) BTW, is there anyone responsible for seeing to it that local press covers the event? --Todd (24 years ago, 29-Jun-00, to lugnet.events, lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea)

  Re: Sci-Fi Lego building thing

(...) It's very tempting, though this Saturday is booked. More lead time would be great! Although slightly unfortunate, my wife and I have most Saturday's booked until July. July 1st, 8th and 15th can work. Sunday's work a little better also, though (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea)

  Re: Sci-Fi Lego building thing

Mark, I sent John an email telling him I'm free Saturday. :^) You guys are welcome to come to my place in Everett (since it's halfway between Bellingham and Snoqualmie) Though, if you both show, one of you better bring a folding table or something. (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea)

  Re: Sci-Fi Lego building thing

(...) John - I'm interested in a get-together this summer also. I haven't done much with mecha's yet, though I've started a couple times on one. Your MOCs are great and a very interesting use of some techic pieces for the joints. I usually build (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea)

  Re: Possible get together?

thx for dropping by, Larry. Jon, Tom and I really appreciated the 4 hours we held you hostage. and thx for the Znap. The hi-cap lowboy is great. I may take your suggestion and add a second bogie to each end. all of the bridges and the palace shall (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Possible get together?

(...) And Voila! Fest we did, at Dan Parker's house. Truly a wonderful time was had by all. Dan's place is a "lego or Duplo in every room" kind of place, I got to ooh and ahh at some remarkable creations by Dan, Johnathon and others (modular (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.trains.org)

  Sci-Fi Lego building thing

Hey what up? I live in Bellingham washington, im interested in doing some sort of get-togethor this summer, im getting the monorail so.. probably a scf-fi type of thing. Im in to large mecha currently. Is there anyone interested? To see some of my (...) (24 years ago, 31-May-00, to lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea)

  Re: Possible get together?

(...) minutes (...) And Voila! Here I am. 3 months late but here. I'm at the SeaTac Marriott. I am here in Seattle till friday (2 June '00?) early afternoon. I may or may not have time to fest but I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to get together with some (...) (24 years ago, 31-May-00, to lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Possible get together?

Well if you do happen to make a trip here do let us know, I'm only about 10 minutes northwest of the Sea/Tac Airport, it should be easy to meet up. Tom (...) -- Thomas's & Kristin's Home Page (URL) Member (URL) (24 years ago, 4-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea)

  Re: Possible get together?

Wave this off. my trip got cancelled (...) (24 years ago, 4-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea, lugnet.trains.org)

  Possible get together?

It appears that I will be in Seattle all next week. While it is possible that the trip will not happen, and possible that I may be so busy that I can't get away, it is also possible that I may have some time for a get together with any one in the (...) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.trains.org)

  8480 shuttle at Tukwila ZB store on sale

Just thought I would mention this to the Seattle area folks: The 8480 shuttle that has been mentioned in past posts is available at the Tukwila ZB store. It's on sale for $79.99. You can have them send the set to the Redmond store free if you don't (...) (24 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea)

  Re: Hello Seattleites, take 2

(...) I'm new to LUGNET but old to LEGO. Please count me in for any Seattle-area LEGO hootenannies! (...) I'd be coming from the nrely incorporated city of Sammamish (between Redmond and Issaquah) but I'm extremely mobile so pretty much anywhere is (...) (25 years ago, 3-Sep-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea)

  Re: Orange Buckets(was Re: Hello Seattleites, take 2)

In all fairness I only went from Federal Way east to Kent then south to Tacoma, about 8 Targets in all. That left everything from your house north wide open ! :) Scott (25 years ago, 25-Aug-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea)

  Orange Buckets(was Re: Hello Seattleites, take 2)

Aw, so it ws you who cleaned out the area of the Orange buckets. :-) Tom In lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea, Scott Smallbeck writes: <snip> FYI (...) (25 years ago, 25-Aug-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea)

  Re: Hello Seattleites, take 2

"ectal" <ectal@speakeasy.org> wrote in message news:37C241B3.41AFDE...asy.org... (...) These would work well for me too. Downtown would work well too. Good bus access from just about anywhere. I probably won't go if its out in the 'burbs somewhere. (...) (25 years ago, 24-Aug-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea)

  Re: Hello Seattleites, take 2

Yes, Federal Way. I was actually hoping we could have it sometime after the fair. I have to start getting the kids ready for school and I am blowing through a bunch of lego sales on ebay and have spent most of my free time sorting lego for these (...) (25 years ago, 24-Aug-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea)

  Re: Hello Seattleites, take 2

Hi all, I agree on the tough parking downtown. Where is everybody now? Tom R. - Burien Ectal G. - Downtown Mark R. - Eastside Scott S. - Federal Way? Anybody else? Not sure if I'll be there but I'd like to try. I'm still trying to get ready for the (...) (25 years ago, 24-Aug-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea)

  Re: Hello Seattleites, take 2

I was actually thinking of a meeting room in a public library. I would vote for the U-district or Greenlake. I would say downtown, but parking would be tough (for others... I live downtown). Anyone have any other ideas? (...) (25 years ago, 24-Aug-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea)

  Re: Hello Seattleites, take 2

(...) That would be great! Saturdays do work well here. (...) Central for me is on the Eastside ;) but UW Library would work also (I'm assuming UW when you mention library) -mark (25 years ago, 24-Aug-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea)

  Re: Hello Seattleites, take 2

The main library downtown on a Saturday afternoon would be pretty central. I'm used to gatherings in restaurants, but, on a lot of levels, the library makes great sense. Besides, one of my big motivations to pick a restaurant would be ability to (...) (25 years ago, 23-Aug-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea)

  Hello Seattleites, take 2

Well, I have recently began keeping up with LUGNET and had read with interest the thred regarding a Seattle area get-together. Let's not give up on that idea! I know many will stop by the train exhibit at the Puyallup fair but it would be great to (...) (25 years ago, 23-Aug-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea)

  Re: Hello Seattleites!

Hi, Actually it's Pacific Northwest Lego Train Club. Check out the link in my sig below. We build a lot more than just trains. Have you guy picked a meeting spot? How about a library, I think they've got meeting rooms. Tom (...) -- Thomas's & (...) (25 years ago, 20-Jul-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea)

  Re: Hello Seattleites!

I assume Pacific Northwest Lego Technic Consortium? Or something like that. Lego Train Crowd? Anyway, when should we have a little get together? (...) (25 years ago, 20-Jul-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea)

  Re: Hello Seattleites!

(...) I must admit, I have *no* idea what PNLTC stands for... could you give a clue? My time right now is tight but (...) then (...) (25 years ago, 20-Jul-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea)

  Re: Hello Seattleites!

Greetings Ectal, Alex, and Mark, I'm one of Tom Rafert's cohorts in PNLTC. My time right now is tight but might be better in the Fall. Please feel free to get ahold of me then. Any of you are certainly welcome at the shows we're doing, too. Get in (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jul-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea)

  Re: Hello Seattleites!

Yes. RT=Round Table. I'm open to suggestions though. I also have a couple friends I can drag along. We should at least get a good dozen or so people together, yes? (...) (25 years ago, 13-Jul-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea)

  Re: Hello Seattleites!

What is RT? Round Table Pizza? Hopefully we can find something better then that to eat. I'd probably be up for such an event as well. alex MadMax <MadMax_hm@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:FEo8MF.8KA@lugnet.com... (...) One (...) people (...) (25 years ago, 12-Jul-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea)

  Re: Hello Seattleites!

(...) Hey Ectal! Great idea! I'm a fellow Lego maniac and would enjoy getting together. We should even try and bring Legos and have a build fest (no mixing though). One of the things that gets my creative juices flowing is to watch other people (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jul-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea)

  Hello Seattleites!

I'd like to meet fellow Lego nuts in the Seattle area... Maybe we can have a big pizza get-together? University Village RT has a nice back room that one can just sign up for... or if someone has a better idea... Anyone? (25 years ago, 10-Jul-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea)

  Re: 3 questions

(...) Not really. Zany Brainy is suppose to have the large UFO set available on sale, and if you have coupon, you can get an additional 25% of the sale price through July 11th. I don't know if it is in stock in Redmond or Tacoma, nor do I know if ZB (...) (25 years ago, 30-Jun-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea)

  3 questions

Anyone know of any good current sales in Seattle? Anyone know of any good thrift stores that have Lego sets lying around? And has anyone seen the Rock Raiders Hover Scout in any stores in the past few days? The only place I've seen it is at the (...) (25 years ago, 30-Jun-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea)

  Re: Off topic? - Looking for building budy in Seattle area

There are several members that don't own any of the train sets, and that's fine because everyone builds what they like to build. We usually post here when the train shows are, and they are also listed on our web site. We'll be sure to post when the (...) (25 years ago, 23-Jun-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea)

  Re: Off topic? - Looking for building budy in Seattle area

(...) have (...) I'm also glad to see other Lego enthusiastic people in the NW! I do have to disclose that I do not have any Lego train sets nor have I ever built a train out of Lego, though I enjoy thoroughly looking at model train sets. Myself and (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jun-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea)

  Re: Off topic? - Looking for building budy in Seattle area

Hi Mark, Glad to see another Lego Maniac in the Northwest. There is quite a few of us here in the Seattle area, and more in the Portland area and B.C. I belong to the Pacific Northwest Lego Train Club, we set up displays/layouts at trains shows, (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jun-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea)

  Re: Off topic? - Looking for building budy in Seattle area

(...) It's not a bad place, but the best place is probably the Seattle loc group. (I'm crossposting this message to lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea in addition to the other two groups you listed.) Since it's a mainly local message, I also set the followups to (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jun-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea)

  School Carnival \ Train Show

Hello, I would like to invite anybody in the area to a carnival at the school my kids attend. A couple of members of PNLTC (myself included) will have train display\activity area setup at the carnival. The carnival is to raise funds for the PTA, (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jun-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea)

  Re: anyone know where SW sets may be?

I gave in and just today got all the episode 1 sets at KMart in Bellevue. There are still a number of the sets left there, as well as some landspeeders and X-Wings. Haven't checked anywhere else because I was trying to avoid all the Ep 1. spoiler (...) (25 years ago, 10-May-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea)

  Local interest in trainshow setup?

Hi all, is anyone local to the Seattle area (or otherwise) interested in helping us setup for the May 15th show in the Auburn/Federal Way area? A one-day event and part of a kid's spring fair at a local school. Everyone is also welcome to bring and (...) (25 years ago, 8-May-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea)

  Re: anyone know where SW sets may be?

I've seen sets showing up in quantities at Fred Meyer's, Kmart's, and TRU's. And that's from Renton to Burien to Kent and Auburn. I've heard that Wal-marts will be putting ALL sets out on May 3rd or 4th. I think there is going to be so many sets (...) (25 years ago, 23-Apr-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea)

D Blomberg <blomberg@netscape.net> wrote in message news:371F57D1.5C55F7...ape.net... (...) There is also a TRU at Northgate mall. I've often been able to find stuff there (specifically Mindstorms) when most people had reported that other stores (...) (25 years ago, 22-Apr-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea)

  anyone know where SW sets may be?

Hi- Thanks to Thomas' previous post, I knew TRU finally had the SW sets. I picked up an X-wing for my son last Friday at the Bellevue TRU, and went back yesterday, and they were cleaned out (It appeared that they had over 20 of each set last week) I (...) (25 years ago, 22-Apr-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea)

  Anybody left?

Where'd everybody go? I was at the Tukwila TRU and so about 20+ of all the Star Wars sets. Well atleast the first five. Tom (25 years ago, 16-Apr-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea, lugnet.loc.us.wa.tac)

  Re: Puget Sound Roll Call (wasSales this week

Hi All, I'm another one of the PNLTC members here in the Seattle area that Tom Rafert mentioned. I live between Auburn and Federal Way. My commute is zip because I work from home but I do tend to get around to most of the South King County stores. (...) (25 years ago, 7-Apr-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea, lugnet.loc.us.wa.tac)

  Re: Puget Sound Roll Call (wasSales this week

Hi All, I'm another one of the PNLTC members here in the Seattle area that Tom Rafert mentioned. I live between Auburn and Federal Way. My commute is zip because I work from home but I do tend to get around to most of the South King County stores. (...) (25 years ago, 7-Apr-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea, lugnet.loc.us.wa.tac)

  Re: Sales this week

Hi Brian, I thought you were on here before. Welcome back. I have yet to see Wal-mart do any good % off sales, some good clearance, but no sales. I agree on the Town Jr., won't touch it till it's cheap and then only for parts. Tom (...) -- Thomas's (...) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea, lugnet.loc.us.wa.tac)

  Re: Sales this week

I live in Lakewood. I only recently started reading the lugnet newsgroups again. I am mainly interested in Town and Trains, though with Town Jr. I don't really buy much of the new stuff anymore. Does anyone know if Wal-mart will be having any sales (...) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea)

  Re: Sales this week

I know there has to be quite a few of us in this area. In PNLTC I think there is 6 or 7 that live within 50 miles of Seattle. I posted this to the Tacoma group also, I think there is a few readers down there. I live just north of Burien but travel (...) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea, lugnet.loc.us.wa.tac)

  Re: Sales this week

I think that's a grand idea. :) I live on the eastside. Work in Bellevue (might as well live here at this point) and live in Kirkland. Hmmm, interests are pretty varied but have been train related as of late. Anything but insectoids/space probably. (...) (25 years ago, 3-Apr-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea)

  Re: Sales this week

It might be interesting to do a sort of Seattle-area roll call and see where people are from and how many people read this group. I would be willing to collect data for this (I'd make a webpage for registering such info) if folks are interested. I (...) (25 years ago, 2-Apr-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea)

  Re: Sales this week

(...) I was wondering that myself. Normally I check here regularly but haven't for a bit. How many people do we have around here that reads this one? I know I posted to the Tacoma one when Lugnet first came online. There are a few others, don't know (...) (25 years ago, 2-Apr-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea)

  Re: Sales this week

(...) The Kmart in Bellevue (Main street near 148th) was devoid of Star Wars on Sunday (28th). They also don't have Throwbots. I'm pleased that Fred Meyer has 20% off for another week; I hope the Bellevue store has the "good" Throwbots (low numbers) (...) (25 years ago, 31-Mar-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea)

  Re: Sales this week

I read it, and thanks for the sale updates. alex Anne Sullivan <mzjynx@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:F9Dq2H.239@lugnet.com... (...) Fred (...) second (...) moving (...) (25 years ago, 29-Mar-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea)

  Sales this week

Checked the paper this week and there is a 20% off lego & Duplo sale at Fred Meyers. Also, K-Mart is having a buy one Lego or Duplo set and get the second at 50% off. I found some star wars sets at K-Mart last week, and they seemed to be moving (...) (25 years ago, 29-Mar-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea)

  SW [were] at Zany Brainy!

A friend who knows I like Legos called and told me the ZB in Redmon had the Star Wars sets. However, he'd grabbed the last XWing and Tie Fighter. There are a few small sets left. I called Tukwila and they had them all still, so I zoomed down there (...) (25 years ago, 17-Mar-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea)

  Not SW, 20% off at Fred Meyers

I opened my Sunday Seattle Times and went through all the adverts and there is a 20% off all Duplo and Lego coupon at Fred Meyers. The ones in Bellevue and Kirkland had just stocked up on Saturday, so there should be some good gettin'. I'm planning (...) (25 years ago, 16-Mar-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea)

  Re: PNLTC trainshow Edmonds

Hi all, directions to the Rollin' Rails Trainshow this Sunday, March 7th, in Edmonds: From Seattle, take I-5 north to exit #177 Edmonds/ Kingston Ferry. Follow Edmonds Way past the Albertson's and QFC, and it will head into downtown Edmonds (don't (...) (25 years ago, 4-Mar-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea)

  PNLTC trainshow Edmonds

Hi folks, sorry this is short notice but PNLTC received almost as short of a notice to participate in the Rollin' Rails Trainshow in Edmonds, March 7th (this coming Sunday). The event runs 11-5 at the Frances Anderson Recreation Center not too far (...) (25 years ago, 2-Mar-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea)

  Sale at Auburn Wall-Mart

Almost every LEGO set is 20% off. Its the store next to the SuperMall. (25 years ago, 1-Feb-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea)

  Re: Request for accomodation

(...) Well the wedding he is going to (not his wedding - his friends) is in Yakima but he would like to spend a little time in Seattle to do shopping, sight-seeing, etc. Anywhere around that area would help him - he could get a hire car. Simon (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jan-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea)

  Re: Request for accomodation

Seattle and Yakima are pretty far apart. Which city will he really be in? alex Carbon 60 wrote in message ... (...) accomodation (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jan-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea)

  Request for accomodation

My brother is travelling to a wedding in Yakima. He needs some accomodation in Seattle for a week "13th Feb - 20th Feb". If anyone can help him it would be most appreciative. Simon Denscombe (Carbon 60) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea)

  Re: 5571 at Zany Brainy

They were out of them as of yesterday (went there looking for Space Shuttles). Might check with the Auburn store though. I was in Philly and they had tons of them at the Jenkintown store about a week ago. alex Selçuk wrote in message (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jan-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea)

  Re: 5571 at Zany Brainy

Oh, s**t!..I just give almost 200$ bucks for one, just two months ago.... Selçuk (...) (25 years ago, 19-Dec-98, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea)

  5571 at Zany Brainy

Hi, There are 11 more 5571's at Zany Brainy in Redmond, WA, now for $69.99 ____ |oooo| Cheers, |oooo| Wouter van Wageningen ¯¯¯¯ (25 years ago, 18-Dec-98, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea)

  SEATTLE ONLY: Explorien Starship available until 12/21

I am looking for a Seattlite who has a child that really really wants the Explorien Starship but has not been able to find one in the stores. (It does not have to be your child. Even if you know one, contact me. Only one available.) Also available, (...) (25 years ago, 18-Dec-98, to lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Test please delete

I am testing receiving this by email. Please delete this post as uninteresting and uninformative. Sarah (25 years ago, 16-Dec-98, to lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea)

  Re: Fred-Meyer Buy 1 Get 1 1/2 price sale