 Local / United States / Washington / Seattle / 101
Re: Possible get together?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Thu, 1 Jun 2000 18:18:55 GMT

thx for dropping by, Larry.  Jon, Tom and I really appreciated the 4 hours we
held you hostage.  and thx for the Znap.
The hi-cap lowboy is great.  I may take your suggestion and add a second bogie
to each end.
all of the bridges and the palace shall be displayed at the world record event
in August.
dan parker/PNLTC

In lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea, Larry Pieniazek writes:

And Voila! Here I am. 3 months late but here. I'm at the SeaTac Marriott.

If you'd like to fest, please drop a line to lpieniazek@mercator.com !!

And Voila! Fest we did, at Dan Parker's house.

Truly a wonderful time was had by all. Dan's place is a "lego or Duplo in • every
room" kind of place, I got to ooh and ahh at some remarkable creations by Dan,
Johnathon and others (modular skyscraper towers! 25 covered hopper cars! A
quartet of gorgeous bridges including a never before seen concrete arch • beauty!
A minifig scale castle that would make Gary Istok  jealous... twice (detail
level AND size)!).

I got to learn of some truly neat upcoming events that I can't talk about... • we
all got to speculate on Lego Direct, and last but not least, I managed to
continue my string of successful 'fest-builds by learning of a new use for the
minifig space chair (2x2 offset angle bracket) in creating a monstrous
depressed center flat.

Which is 8 wide, by the way. But just because the load is that wide, not
because 8 is the correct width for a normal car :-)

++Lar