 Local / United States / Oregon / Portland / *91 (-20)
  Re: Portland and San Francisco in April

(...) It is about 12 hours by car, so that sounds about right by bus. Amtrak also serves that route. Trains leave Portland at 2:25pm, arriving in Oakland at 8:35am and San Jose at 9:55am. Cost is $61. Sleepers are available starting at $139 (in (...) (21 years ago, 7-Mar-03, to lugnet.loc.us.or.por, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Portland and San Francisco in April

It's a 10 hour drive, no stops. I would take AMTRAK! SteveB PS Welcome aboard! :) (...) (21 years ago, 4-Mar-03, to lugnet.loc.us.or.por, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Portland and San Francisco in April

(...) It is on the 'hound, I expect. They stop everywhere. I used to hound to school and a 6 hour ride by car was a 15 hour ride by hound. (...) Try an open jaw or even a three leg. What are you looking to spend? One ways tend to be more than (...) (21 years ago, 4-Mar-03, to lugnet.loc.us.or.por, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Portland and San Francisco in April

Hi Todd, Looking forward to seeing you in April! BTW, April 16 is my birthday. Looks like we need to schedule a BayLUG/BayLTC meeting for Saturday April 26th! Yes, its about 640 miles from Portland to SF. It takes about 10 hours in a car with (...) (21 years ago, 4-Mar-03, to lugnet.loc.us.or.por, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.trains)

  Portland and San Francisco in April

I'm planning to be in San Francisco the week of April 21-25 and am wondering if I can squeeze in a visit to the PNLTC show in Portland on April 17-19. According to the Greyhound website, I can get a bus from Portland to San Francisco on April 20 for (...) (21 years ago, 4-Mar-03, to lugnet.loc.us.or.por, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Visiting Beaverton

(...) I've just got back from the holidays and haven't caught up on everything, but I'm sure we could arrange at least a meeting. I live and work in Beaverton, and other PNLTC folks are also handy. Frank Filz (21 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.us.or.por, lugnet.loc.us.or)

  Visiting Beaverton

Hi, I'll be in Beaverton Area from 2003-01-15 till 2003-01-24. Is there something (Lego related) I should not miss? Do you have some shopping tipps for me? Thanks in Advance, Jörg (21 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.us.or.por, lugnet.loc.us.or)

  PNLTC Mall Show - One More Public Weekend & Pics Up From Previous!

Back by popular demand, the Pacific Northwest Lego Train Club will be hosting an additional public weekend on August 24th and August 25th at the Beaverton Mall (outside Portland, OR). For those of you who have missed our two previous public (...) (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.or.por) !

  PNLTC Beaverton Mall Show Pics are Up!

Our first public weekend at the Beaverton Mall in Beaverton (outside Portland, OR) was a great success! July 6th and 7th we were open to the public during mall hours at our new temporary "clubhouse". Highlights included a large port area, a 12V (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jul-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.or.por) !

  Matt's Roller Coaster is showing again!

My roller coaster has been down in the basement for a few months undergoing upgrades and modifications, but it is now showing again! It is showing this weekend at the Beaverton Mall in Beaverton, Oregon, and you can see it Sunday the 7th from 11:00 (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jul-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.or.por) !

  Re: My move in progress

(...) A club "does" whatever the group of people decide they want to do. Some of us specialize in trains, some do Technic, some do Mecha, some do Mindstorms or First LEGO League, some do games like Brickwars or Steve's Pirate Games... Find a bunch (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jun-02, to lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.loc.us.or.por)

  Re: My move in progress

(...) A few things... * You get to socialize with people who don't think less of you just because you play with LEGO * Show off your models and see other peoples' models (like Brickshelf, but in real life) * Put on shows for the public (Great (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jun-02, to lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.loc.us.or.por)

  Re: My move in progress

(...) What exactly does a lego club do? I know that in the area is a the PNLTC (Pacific Northwest Lego Train Club) in the area. But I am still unclear as to what a lego club does. (22 years ago, 12-Jun-02, to lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.loc.us.or.por)

  Re: My move in progress

(...) Good idea. If I lived in that area, I'd join... Here's an idea for a name: "WilLUGmette"! --Bill. (22 years ago, 23-May-02, to lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us.or.por)

  Re: My move in progress

(...) It's my fault for including lugnet.loc.us.nc in the original post... Frank (22 years ago, 23-May-02, to lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.loc.us.or.por)

  Re: My move in progress

(...) Ah, I hadn't realized you're in Oregon. Cool! I've joined PNLTC which is about half Portland folks. I think most of the PNLTCers don't post much to Lugnet. I'd love to get together sometime though (this weekend might be short notice, but with (...) (22 years ago, 23-May-02, to lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.loc.us.or.por)

  Re: My move in progress

"Tim Coats" <tcoats@cyberis.net> wrote in message news:GwKxnD.4Gn@lugnet.com... (...) about (...) Was the cross post to lugnet.loc.us.nc a mistake? The rest of your post seems to be about Oregon. Mike -- Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring dot (...) (22 years ago, 23-May-02, to lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.loc.us.or.por)

  Re: My move in progress

There don't appear to be a lot of Lego collectors in this area who know about the Lugnet newsgroup anyway. I actually live in Salem, which is about 45 minutes drive or so from Beaverton. I might be interested in helping getting a Lego club going in (...) (22 years ago, 23-May-02, to lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.loc.us.or.por)

  My move in progress

Well, my move is in progress. Friday, they driver called to ask if he could come by Monday to scope things out (he was scheduled to arrive Tuesday for packing and loading). I said sure. When he arrived on Monday, he asked if he could get started and (...) (22 years ago, 29-Mar-02, to lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.loc.us.or.por)

  Visit to Portland

I fly out to Portland Monday the 4th and leave Thursday the 15th. I'll be staying downtown at the Hilton, but will spend at least one day out in Beaverton. I'd love to try and get together, and anyone who would be free an evening to show me around (...) (22 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.loc.us.or.por)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact