Re: get together
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.org.us.nclug
Date:
Tue, 4 Apr 2000 17:46:48 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

"sheree rosenkrantz" <srosez@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:FsI4sw.M93@lugnet.com...

Mike Walsh <mike_walsh@mindspring.com> wrote in message
news:FsHsB9.6My@lugnet.com...
Although a bit dated, I have some pictures up on my Tripod web site at:

http://members.tripod.com/mike_walsh

They are new to me.   I couldn't resist a peak even though I should be
working now...
I like the freestyle wedges you used for awings on the Hotel.  What is • the
yellow building w/ red roof at the top right in the first town photo?  I
know its not FL, but it has that flavor to it.  I kept hoping for a close
up.  Did I miss it?
Set 6388 is wonderful.   Vehicles, people, house with cabinets,stove, fry
pan and and automatic coffee maker.  How can it be beat!  Did I see a
Forestmen's crossing set in the back of the nice school bus shot?  I love
the Forestmen sets, and all I've ever seen them in is pictures.
You have a lot of room for your Lego.   And you have Lego from your
childhood.  Very nice...
I guess my mantra for today will be:  I will not envy others, I will not
envy others  ...   ;-).
I will wait and explore more with my 4th grade Lego  loving daughter.  She
will enjoy your site too.

Set 6388 (Holiday Home with Camper Van) is indeed an awesome set.  It came
from a highschool kid (Frank knows who) who was disposing of a massive
collection.  I tried to buy the entire thing from him a couple times but
couldn't negotiate a price I was comfortable with so I picked some of the
cream off of the top (6399 Airport Shuttle, 6388 Holiday Home, 6542 Launch
'N Load Seaport, 6394 MetroPark, and probably half a dozen others).  Frank
ended up buying the rest for a much better deal than I ever came close to
getting.

Unfortunately the small town around the race track has been destroyed.  The
inherent risk of it being in a five year old's room.  We'll probably build
something similar soon.  The yellow building you mention (which there isn't
a close up of) was a small house with a patio built entirely from one of the
anniversary tubs.  Right now the only town components I still have assembled
are shown at:  http://www.nclug.net/members/mw/smalltown.htm  On this page
is a picture of my rev 2 school bus - it looks better as I made it four
studs longer.  Frank suggested I make it a six-wide when I showed it to him
but I haven't gotten around to that yet.

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com