Re: get together
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.org.us.nclug
Date:
Tue, 4 Apr 2000 02:34:06 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Frank Filz <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message
news:38E896E2.7BCD@mindspring.com...
In the end, James, Cary, and myself got together. I showed of my new
space creations, online at (warning about 700k of pictures):

   http://www.mindspring.com/~ffilz/Lego/space-creations.html

Cary brought an 8 wide train creation which was real nifty. He used
parts from the Twisted Time Train. He also brought a facade for a large
tenement building. James showed off his town. We talked a fair bit about
buying habits. We didn't do too much with the International Jambalaya
Box (I showed it to James, but never ended up showing it to Cary).

After Cary and I left to let James go to bed, we ended up talking for
another hour in the parking lot.

I had my digital camera with me, but never ended up taking any pictures.

At some point, I'd love to get together in the afternoon or so, for a
longer time so we can do some building and trading, and perhaps set up
some loops of train track etc.

--
Frank Filz

-----------------------------
Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com

Thanks Frank for the report.  I wish I could have seen your Blacktron
creations in person.  The text helped alot, as I am unfamiliar with  the
Space theme.  I like the model w/ the smaller Invader Cockpit Module
attached to  the Challenger Engine Module the best (almost approachable...).
Could a somewhat larger figure be accommodated in the cockpit?  I could see
Lionel Lion being a great pilot.  CosmoLion! :-)

I enjoyed looking at the rest of your site too.  I would like to examine the
curved top part of the water tower and see how the cylinder and bricks work
together to give it such a nice shape.

Trains were a treat too.  I like the black band at the bottom of the engine.
IMHO you should leave it as is.  The black gives it definition and gives the
eye a place to stop.  I appreciate the links to the sets you used in
construction.  It gives me a better idea of what building involved.  The
tank is inspired.  I really like it when pieces are used "out of context"
and something wonderful is made.  The undershot almost makes it
comprehensible, even to a newbie like me.

As for the sets displayed in your home and the boxes.  I am pretty close to
speechless.  Probably not that much Lego in all the stores here added all
together... Thanks for the tour.

Cary and James, I wish I could have seen your creations.  They sound
wonderful.  Any pictures available? Links?  Websites?

Any other NC people with websites to share?  If so, please do.  It is one of
the next best thing to getting together.

I only have a couple of overexposed pictures at
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=srosez
Not much, but we all start somewhere.

sheree