 Local / United States / Missouri / St. Louis / 28
Re: Lego train club for the Saint Louis area?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.mo.stl, lugnet.loc.us.mo, lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan, lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 18:31:39 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Levering A. Reynolds writes:
In lugnet.loc.us.mo.stl, Robert W. Green writes:

We should post a date, time and place to meet then see how many people • will
post back saying that they could meet at that time.  That's the best way • I
figure to get this thing rolling.

John Warren

Hummmmmmmmm......  most likely something on a saturday evening sometime • in
mid
december might work best.....  (at least for me).  But I could try to be • as
flexible as possible.  Any suggestions?

Sorry I have been missing, this sounds very good we just need, time, date, • and
where, and a name.

Andrew Reynolds

Well obviously the place and time need to be made by someone who wants to • take
charge IN the St. Louis area.  Maybe we could meet at their home.  If this • is
the case then they need to be the one who comes up with the time, date, • etc.
Any volunteers?  (Unless you guys want to meet in Paducah, Ky then my place
would be fine :^) )

John Warren

Unfortunately, I can't do that quite yet... I am in the middle of getting a • new
home built.  (And I don't think we want to wait until april/may either).
Paducah isn't that far.... :)  just four hours down I-64 to Louisville, and
then a short jog from there.  :)

I assume you don't have a map in front of you because you would be taking the
LONG way to Paducah if you did that!  Paducah is only 150 miles or a little
under two and a half hours from St. Louis.  All you do is take I-64 to I-57 • to
I-24 and boom your there!  It's right at the bottom of Illinois on the Ohio
river.

John Warren

Whoops!!!  Forgot about 57 there.  Does it show that I only go to Louisville • or
Lexington when I visit you guys?  :)