 Local / United States / Michigan / Grand Rapids / 150
Re: New Michigan LEGO Club?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.mi.grr, lugnet.loc.us.mi.fli
Date:
Wed, 23 Aug 2000 21:22:12 GMT

.We need to find a central place to meet for a (posible name ).great lakes
fest'...The big ? is where does everyone live?Myself i'm in Canton,Scott's • in
Ypsi. everyone else?

I'm in Sterling Heights, 20 minutes north of Detroit.

I've been thinking about what I can contribute to this club.  Basically, not
much.  It has only been a couple of months since I have come out of my dark
ages.  What I have discovered is that I have lost the ability to create what
I consider to be cool, neat, etc. MOC's.  Too much time spend playing video
games and programming.  I've spend a lot of time sorting out my collection
from when I was a kid.  I've been surprised by what I was able to do.  I
also spend time looking at what other people have done and try to do the
same thing.  This is helping me to relearn what is possible with LEGO bricks
and get some of my creativity back.  I am absolutely inspired by projects
that Larry and other have done.  I'm also working on adding to my collection
as much as a can afford.

So in the beginning I'll be learning more than contributing, but I'm sure
that will change :)  I am looking forward to automating multiple trains with
RCX bricks.

Ryan