 Local / United States / Michigan / 164
Re: New Michigan LEGO Club?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.mi
Date:
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 01:28:11 GMT

To All,

    Well, I think we have more than enough people to have a little LEGO fest
somewhere in Michigan, I would guess Lansing or something as being a good
place, as it is about an hour or two from everyone. As for my thoughts, as
per Larry and I's discussion this morning, maybe everyone here should join
up with GMLUG, and have it that way, so we would already have something
established, and perhaps have a Michigan chapter of it. If you have not
joined up, it is here:

http://www.gmlug.org/

I have already e-mailed the site, so I am awaiting a response. Ugh, I never
subscribed to the e-mail, so I guess I should do that as well. OK, I guess I
am the most recent post there (I rarely go on the website interface)

Anyway, I guess at this point, we need a few things:

1) A Place
2) A Date
3) What to do?

My suggestion would be either a Friday night / Saturday or just a Saturday,
so we can have Sunday for either religious or other factors. I have to work
Sunday afternoon, so I can't be there then. We can have a lunch or
something, and have a blast. any other ideas?

Scott S.

In lugnet.loc.us.mi, Rick Hallman writes:
In lugnet.loc.us.mi, Chris Leach writes:
.We need to find a central place to meet for a (posible name ).great • lakes
fest'...The big ? is where does everyone live?Myself i'm in • Canton,Scott's in
Ypsi. everyone else?

I live in Lansing. I am probably the most Western person in this little
adventure.

Yah, right.  Like Larry and I don't live in Ada.  As if.

Ada.  It's that little place, just below where your life line meets your • love
line.[1]  Just a couple miles east of Grand Rapids.

And Pamela Fryer and Fredrick Paepke live south of GR -- like around • K-zoo, I
think.

Steve

[1] Bad "Michigan map is the palm of your hand" joke.  I'm not very • familiar
with palmistry, so don't use this description as directions to my house.