 Local / United States / Illinois / 131
Re: Possible Get together Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.wi.mil, lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.in.ind, lugnet.loc.us.mi
Date:
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 04:51:25 GMT

Mookie wrote in message <397BC88B.60500073@worldnet.att.net>...
Well, I've been bugging my college for a few weeks now and not getting
an answer from them, they seem to be beating around the bush :( I've
even tried going over the womans head and it didn't get me any answers
either..

So I'm going to have to say this time it's a no go right now :( If
someone else in the area wants to try to plan something, or has some
idea of someplace to hold it. I'd be willing to help out as best as I
can right now.  I'm thinking the easiest place we might find to get some
free or cheaply affordable space might be at someone's Church. If anyone
is in good with their Pastor, Priest, Father.. which ever.. maybe they
could work out getting the Church Hall????

Well, there's my church (Wheaton, IL) but the fellowship hall is a tile
floor, and for Lego, that's pretty painful.  If you're desparate, I can give
it a whack (but there are also numerous carpeted classrooms).  There's also
my school atrium, and I can see if they'd let me use it.  But dunno about it
being during the summer, and me being a graduate of the school (when I was a
student, I could use the facilities for an event free).  Nevertheless, its
about 30 miles west of Chicago, or 90 mins south of you, Tamy.  But this
way, we *might* get some people from Michigan and Indiana.

If anyone else has any ideas I'm sure everyone is more than willing to
help out and make this happen, I think it would be great to get together
with a bunch of people for a few days and just stare at all the
creations in person!!!
besides being able to share building tips and tricks!

I can try, if you're willing to move the location.  If its small enough, I
may be able to use my place, but I doubt it since about that time I'll be
gearing up to go to Boston for school (more accurately, my mom would freak).
Let me know.  And if anyone from the IL/WI/MI/IN area is interested, please
post and let us know.  I believe the weekend was slated for the 11-13 of
August.

XFUT .general, .us.wi, .us.wi.mil, .us.il, .us.il.chi, .us.in, .us.in.ind,
.us.mi (phew!) :)

-Tim