 General / 20458
Re: Possible Get together Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.wi.mil, lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.in.ind, lugnet.loc.us.mi
Date:
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 21:57:33 GMT

In lugnet.general, Michael Perri writes:
If anyone else has any ideas I'm sure everyone is more than willing to
help out and make this happen, I think it would be great to get together
with a bunch of people for a few days and just stare at all the
creations in person!!!
besides being able to share building tips and tricks!

I can try, if you're willing to move the location.  If its small enough, I
may be able to use my place, but I doubt it since about that time I'll be
gearing up to go to Boston for school (more accurately, my mom would freak).
Let me know.  And if anyone from the IL/WI/MI/IN area is interested, please
post and let us know.  I believe the weekend was slated for the 11-13 of
August.

XFUT .general, .us.wi, .us.wi.mil, .us.il, .us.il.chi, .us.in, .us.in.ind,
.us.mi (phew!) :)

Tim you know that I've been talking a lot about doing a meeting like this.  I
live in Kenosha so I'm half way between Milwaukee and 90 minutes from you
Tim.  I was thinking that we need to get everyone to post about this to get a
rough number about how many people would like to attend.  After we have that
number I can try to locate the facilities to house this meeting.  So anyone
else interested please let us know!  If I can get a rough number I'll find a
place.

-Mike

Hello,

Once again, I am posting to say that I am interested in this meeting idea.
My guess is that we could do it someones' basement since the follow-ups seem to
number less than ten each time someone brings this idea up.
I am more of a do-er than a talker so I'd be glad to just have a get-together
at my place, however... I can't offer my place right *now*.
I will be able to offer a large nice clean basement (or livingroom pending my
girlfriend's approval) in about 3 months (We are moving to a much larger home
in October).
I live in Waukesha right now, but the place we are moving to is in West Allis,
which is right outside Milwaukee, and not far from major freeway (I-94) ramps.

On the other hand, if anyone else wants to host a meeting, please go ahead and
do it  :)

cheers!
Joel K
http://minispy.tripod.com