 General / 20602
Re: Possible Get together Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.wi.mil, lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.in.ind, lugnet.loc.us.mi
Date:
Fri, 28 Jul 2000 03:33:07 GMT

Hey Tim,

What about College of Dupage? Do you think they would give us a room? Aside
from locating a meeting hall, what are the plans for this shindig? I think our
first meeting should be a friendly get together where we can just meet, talk
and share ideas and stuff. Maybe trying to make it a big deal is too optimistic
at this point. I can barely schedual parits and outings with my Chicago
friends, let alone those who are out of state. Maybe we can congregate at a
hotel in a reletive central area. Gary Indiana, or Chicagoland. We could rent a
banquet hall or something.
I have no clue what this costs, and I realize that many (most) of us are on
strict budgets (what with buying from Lego Direct now), and that renting a hall
may be too expensive.
I could host a party, but my apartmant is cozy with four people, more than
that, and I'll have to clean up my lego pile. (not a good plan :})
I live in Addison IL. I can go over to COD (our local community collge) and see
what they allow.
We must have a get together, even if it's just a weekend weenie roast!

Greg -I can supply the weenies! -Howell

P.S. I tried to e-mail to sign up officially for GMLUG, I had the e-mail
returned. Does anyone know if it is busted?