 Local / United States / Colorado / 311
Re: Mini moonbase, anyone?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.co
Date:
Wed, 17 Aug 2005 19:18:16 GMT

On 8/17/05, Duane Hess <LEGOZILLA@hotmail.com> wrote:
In lugnet.loc.us.co, John Fiala <jcfiala@gmail.com> wrote:

On 8/17/05, Duane Hess <LEGOZILLA@hotmail.com> wrote:
They wouldn't by any chance be interested in having a Lego display would
they?
We were just discussing something like that at the last get-together....

A lego display?  I know we've had people show up informally and show
such off, but we might.  Let me email Rose and see what's possible.

Which would you prefer:
a) An area, like a hall table, where people would walk by and see it?
b) An event on the program, where people would show up for an hour,
look at items, and talk about Lego and space things?
c) Another option is sponsoring time in the Con Suite.  It would
involve pooling money for snacks (possibly a lot of them), but for an
hour or two we would have the complete attention of people who are
stopping for a snack.

I would vote for (a) or (b). I'm thinking cheap and informal since we don't
really have much in the way of experience doing public displays.

I'm making the assumption that we're coming into this late in the game. Maybe
next year we could be a little more serious about a Con display. Ideally, it
would be nice to have something similar to the House of Bricks display in
Chicago. We had a whole room dedicated to our displays and a spot in the
program.

Would you be willing to check into the specifics on this? Or at least get a
contact?

Here's what my friend Rose Beetem, one of the programming (or the
programming) people, has just said:
They could check and see if any tables are still available in the art shows.
Alternatively, if they were able/interested in running a 50-minute session
on doing Lego art, I could slot them in as art programming.

I'd need to know about that ASAP, though. have someone get in touch by email
or phone: 303-477-6822.

Email being: milehiconprogram@hotmail.com

--
John Fiala