 Local / United States / Colorado / 302
301  |  303
Subject:
Mini moonbase, anyone?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.co
Date:
Wed, 17 Aug 2005 14:19:27 GMT

Hi guys,

I know most of you are into space. I don’t have very much space gear, but I did pick up a lunar baseplate at a garage sale the other day, and have been itching to find some use for it. Then, just today, I came across the mini-moonbase standard.

This looks like fun. So, I propose we get together in September, and whoever’s interested should bring a mini-moonbase module, which we’ll assemble into an impromptu moonbase. Maybe somebody can also bring (or the host can provide) a box of extra parts so additional modules can be thrown together on the spot. Add some pizza and drinks, and we’ll have ourselves a cool meeting.

What do you think?

Best,
- Joe

P.S. I apologize for posting to LUGNET rather than the CoLUG mailing list, but I think it’s important that we have some activity here now and then to help draw in new victims (er, I mean members).