 Local / United States / California / San Francisco / San Jose / 61
Re: Train Module at BayLUG
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.sj, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Thu, 5 Aug 1999 01:39:59 GMT

David Zonker Harris wrote:

  What are the chances we could make a 'transition table'? Take a PNLTC
table (large module), with the short/width side mating to the GMLTC
module (raised bricks, etc.), and a ling, maybe winding, decline track
that finally reaches the table height on the far end? These could be
the foothills, with contours like the strip-mine. The question is,
could you get a decent-length train up that grade?

Why do this? Just match the heights! If the top of the GMLTC module is
the same height as the PNLTC module you're all set.

However... hmm. there may still need to be a transition because PNLTC
modules have fixed height legs. So do GMLTC modules. (they sit on
carriers of a fixed height, anyway, because the carriers have folding
table legs under them) What IS the height of each?  (Too lazy to look it
up, I'm on a rant here).

Whatever the difference was, that's the transition you'd need. Might be
up OR down, and it may be more OR less than the height of a GMLTC module
in bricks.

  I'm interested in making a couple modules to show at NMRA 2000.
Hopefully, we can get a few more interested folks to show their
hands, and build some table modules. :-)

     -Z-   http://baylug.org/train/

lugnet.