Re: What's the current situation on meetings?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 22:08:46 GMT

I'll be getting more tubs, but first I have to sell off the 1xs to help pay for
the first 60.

I got down to 4 hours on them by "cheating" - ALL 1x6 and smaller 1xs of each
color were dumped together in a tub, rather than sorting them by 1x6/1x4/etc.
All 2x2/2x3/2x4s were lumped into buckets regardless of color, and the 1x8 and
2x6s (keeping them for sure!) were put in 1 bucket.  And all black and all green
went into their own buckets, not sorted by size (I'll do that later, there
really aren't that many of them).  If I were to sort as detailed as you did, I
would have gone NUTS!

I plan on building 4 modules sooner or later (simply because that will be the
minimum I'll need for my loop at home), but that will take a LONG time to gather
the buckets, sort, and sell them off.

I'm going to build plywood ends for the loops, and suspend the whole thing from
my cathedral ceiling in my computer room of my apt - paint the bottom white, put
the cables on pullies, and just lower the whole thing down when I want to
play/build.

Mike Poindexter wrote:

5 tubs per hour is about as fast as you can get - or at least as fast as I
can get.

Are you going to be getting more tubs in the future or did the 60 you got
burn you out on sorting tubs?

Mike