Subject:
BayLUG Train Gathering...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 20:54:23 GMT

  Hi Gang,

  I'm just back from two weeks in Japan with a JR "Green Car" pass.
Lots of quick train sightings from Shinkansen trains...and lots of
fast shinkansen blowing through stations. Very little chance to
get into train yards on foot, due to a fully booked social sked!

  I'll be coming at the end of November, to the Fremont Library,
on the last Saturday of the month (during Thanksgiving weekend).
Sounds like Mike Poindexter, and Thomas will also be bringing
some trains. I'll be bringing some track and rolling stock.
I'll also bring the round house, in whatever condition it is in.
I figure we can just put a bunch of tables side by side, to get
a larger surface set up with a constant height.

  I'll also bring a couple power strips, so we can put a few
speed controllers on, running separate loops. I'll also try to
bring a few assorted freight stations for sidings, and a few
other vehicles (plus the camcorder and still camera ;-).

  I'm sorry for the date being on a holiday. Has anyone else
found another place, for a reasonable cost, on a better date?

       -Z-

--
Zonker Harris  (zonkerh@corp.webtv.net, zonker@gnac.com)
Onsite Network Support, currently at 1250 Charleston Rd., Mt. View, CA