Re: BayLUG Train Gathering...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 01:49:12 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, ba-lego@cinnamon.com (Zonker Harris) writes:
Hi Gang,

I'm just back from two weeks in Japan with a JR "Green Car" pass.
Lots of quick train sightings from Shinkansen trains...and lots of
fast shinkansen blowing through stations. Very little chance to
get into train yards on foot, due to a fully booked social sked!

I'll be coming at the end of November, to the Fremont Library,
on the last Saturday of the month (during Thanksgiving weekend).
Sounds like Mike Poindexter, and Thomas will also be bringing
some trains. I'll be bringing some track and rolling stock.
I'll also bring the round house, in whatever condition it is in.
I figure we can just put a bunch of tables side by side, to get
a larger surface set up with a constant height.

I will be coming with all my track (still not much) and about 30-40 train
cars.  I doubt that my train station will even be close to ready, so it will
probably remain at home.  I plan on running two loops.  This time, I will
bring the controllers.

Does anybody who is coming know POV-RAY and L2P or L3P?  I need some help and
might bring my laptop if I can get a POV-RAY tutorial.

Mike