 Local / United Kingdom / 7700
7699  |  7701
Subject:
Transparent stickers? (Decals)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 18:35:00 GMT

By far, the Citadel Miniatures ‘game workshop’ –waterslide transfers- are
IMHO the most superior and detailed decals I've ever found. They’ve got
decals for every Warhammer army created…that means hundreds of decals
specifically for Elves (with royal blue and radiant purple designs that’d
compliment the army) or the Undead!!! (with skulz and dark scroll patches
with the word “Mortis” on them)
http://www.games-workshop.com/hobby/hobby.htm

             Much fun to be had,
                                              --==Richard==--

In lugnet.loc.uk, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
In lugnet.loc.uk, Jennifer Clark writes:
Another thing I am looking for are transparent sticky labels for inkjet
printers (or even decals?) - I've been hunting high and low for such things
but the closest I've found are not close enough. Avery have "clear" parcel
labels that are actually translucent, and window stickers which don't seem
to stick on plastic. Has anyone ever come across such a thing? I've been
looking for ages and still am but thus far no dice.

  I know that Bianca Nebab uses wet-transfer plastic model decals--you
  should be able to buy blank sheets of these at your local hobby shop.
  (Those are the same kind of decals that come with plastic model kits,
  naturally.)  Then all you have to do is print, snip, and transfer.
  I would have been a bit skeptical just hearing about it, but I saw
  the results first and then asked "how did you get that to look so great?"

  And, of course, said decals will come off with water.

  best

  LFB