 Local / United Kingdom / 7699
Re: Grey minifig hands / Transparent stickers?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 18:15:16 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Jennifer Clark writes:
Another thing I am looking for are transparent sticky labels for inkjet
printers (or even decals?) - I've been hunting high and low for such things
but the closest I've found are not close enough. Avery have "clear" parcel
labels that are actually translucent, and window stickers which don't seem
to stick on plastic. Has anyone ever come across such a thing? I've been
looking for ages and still am but thus far no dice.

   I know that Bianca Nebab uses wet-transfer plastic model decals--you
   should be able to buy blank sheets of these at your local hobby shop.
   (Those are the same kind of decals that come with plastic model kits,
   naturally.)  Then all you have to do is print, snip, and transfer.
   I would have been a bit skeptical just hearing about it, but I saw
   the results first and then asked "how did you get that to look so great?"

   And, of course, said decals will come off with water.

   best

   LFB