 Local / United Kingdom / 5535
  Lego disappearing from shops?

What's it like where you live? I cant think of one toy store, or other retail outlet, in my area that has increased it's shelf space for lego in recent times. Quite the opposite, it seems to be gradually (and in some cases) rapidly disappearing. I (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Lego disappearing from shops?

(...) I suspect it's a general loss of business. I mean, Lego have done a 'Patene' with the Slizer and Roboriders, and are now doing the same with Bionicle - lots of big bright identikit-packages, with a fixed range, to try and force the shop to set (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Lego disappearing from shops?

(...) I detest these sets. However, I expect they are making them money - given the fact that we are on our 3rd generation on this stuff. I know Lego had problems in this respect when Argos cut its range. That said, they did sell out near me. Scott (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Lego disappearing from shops?

(...) Oops - typo - I meant 'Pantene' - cosmetics manufacturers are always trying to bring out a pointlessly enormous range of inter-related products to grab shelf space. Jason. (24 years ago, 11-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.uk)

"Jason J. Railton" <j.j.railton@cwcom.net> wrote in message news:G6zzuB.L8s@lugnet.com... (...) trying (...) grab (...) That's a relief - I thought you were starting to type in French :) I was quite impressed with the lack of lego on the shelves (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Lego disappearing from shops?

(...) In a word, rubbish. Less Lego than ever. We visited Glasgow recently and very little to be seen there either. I know stocks will be low after Christmas but the evidence is that this is not the only factor. (...) This is only a tiny part of (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Lego disappearing from shops?

(...) Overall, I agree this has been the trend. Despite that, the LOM sets appear a little better than recent offerings... there is hope! (...) I am not sure which sets you mean. If you mean the RIS, and related sets, I must agree. Other than that, (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.uk)