 Local / United Kingdom / 5535
5534  |  5536
Subject:
Lego disappearing from shops?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 2001 19:05:02 GMT

What's it like where you live?

I cant think of one toy store, or other retail outlet, in my area that has
increased it's shelf space for lego in recent times.

Quite the opposite, it seems to be gradually (and in some cases) rapidly
disappearing.

I was amazed, for example, when I went into The Entertainer in Reading, UK
at the weekend to see how small a space they are now giving lego.
Its less than 1/3rd of what they had when they opended last year.
It shrunk in the run up to xmas (that in itself was telling - obviously they
thought other products would sell better!)
and has shrunk even more now
And virtually none of the discount sets they are known for.

I wonder how coincidental this is with the rise of shop@home in UK?

regards
lawrence